I heard your comments loud and clear last year – keep the designer showcases! And I’m so glad you were all on board – it’s so fun to be able to highlight some of the other amazing designers out there, bringing you both newcomers and constant favorites. So for the first designer of 2017, let’s get to know Dorianna Rivelli of The Lavender Chair!
Dorianna designed a square for the 2016 Moogly Afghan Crochet Along, and then went on to design a whole bunch more, all lovely! Here’s a bit more about her in her own words:
My Name is Dorianna Rivelli and I am the owner/designer over at The Lavender Chair. My Aunt taught me how to crochet when I was 6 years old. I took several breaks in the teen years but always picked it right back up. When I was expecting my daughter, I got more into it than I ever thought I would. Visions for all sorts of gorgeous baby dresses and accessories flooded my mind. So, I traveled down the design path. When I was younger I had always wanted to be a fashion designer, so, I guess you could say I’m one of the lucky ones living the dream!
The name of The Lavender Chair came from a small chair that I was gifted at my daughters baby shower. You can read more about that on my about page HERE. At first The Lavender Chair started solely as an Etsy shop where I sold finished items. Then eventually I decided I wanted to do more and share my patterns with all of you! So in 2015 I started the blog for The Lavender Chair!
- Blog: www.thelavenderchair.com
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Ravelry: www.ravelry.com/people/TheLavenderChair
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/thelavenderchair
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/lavenderchair
- Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/thelavenderchair
- Instagram: @Thelavenderchair
- Twitter: @lavenderchair
- Craftsy: https://www.craftsy.com/profile/the-lavender- chair
Here are 5 of my favorite crochet pattern freebies from Dorianna and The Lavender Chair!
5 Free Crochet Patterns on The Lavender Chair!
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Valerie’s Cinched Bow Cowl – Both simple and unique!
- Gemstone Lace Blanket – Lacy and lovely, a wonderful heirloom piece!
- My First Birthday Dress – Too cute! Designed for her own daughter’s first birthday!
- Brickwork Slippers – These look so comfy and cozy!
- Candace’s Cluster Stitch Cloche – This classic hat never goes out of style, and the bow band is the perfect touch!
Thank you so much to Dorianna for being featured in the first Moogly Designer Showcase for 2017! Be sure to check out The Lavender Chair at any of the links above for more great crochet!