Although it’s often considered a form of plaid, houndstooth deserves a roundup of it’s own! The classic houndstooth is made with woven fabric – but crochet can do a mighty fine impersonation! Heralded as a classic design that’s on trend once again, here are 10 free houndstooth crochet patterns!
10 Free Houndstooth Crochet Patterns
(Click on the name of the pattern, in blue, to go to the pattern page!)
- Infinity Hounds Tooth Scarf by Kathy Lashley, on ELK Studio – Handcrafted Crochet Designs: I have to admit, this one might be my favorite of the whole bunch. Such a fantastic look!
- Houndstooth Hook Holder (Case) by Book People Studio: One small swatch becomes a great little travel hook case!
- Hounds Tooth Beanie Hat by Kathy Lashley, on ELK Studio – Handcrafted Crochet Designs: Houndstooth hats for both men and women!
- Hounds Tooth Tote by Kathy Lashley, on ELK Studio – Handcrafted Crochet Designs: One more from this talented designer! She’s made houndstooth her own!
- Houndstooth Dishcloth by Carol Ballard, on Best Free Crochet: A great way to try out any new stitch pattern!
- Hounds tooth Scarf and Glove Toppers by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs blog: Such a great gift set idea! And yes, those gloves are always too short – chilly wrists are no fun.
- Houndstooth Hat by Patons: Another fantastic crochet hat pattern – love the rainbow stripes happening here!
- iSleeve by Allison Hoffman, on Yarnspirations: Old meets new with this tablet cozy!
- Houndstooth Pet Scarf by Claire Ortega-Reyes, on Crochet Spot: Your pet is going to look so dashing in this year’s holiday photos!
- Crochet and Weave Houndstooth Check Plaid Afghan by Maria Merlino, on Yahoo: Combining crochet and weaving creates an incredibly accurate houndstooth pattern – and it’s fun to do, too!
- BONUS – Now there’s a Moogly Houndstooth Pattern – the Houndstooth Squares Blanket!
Are you a fan of houndstooth? Have you ever made a houndstooth crochet pattern? Share your thoughts and favorites in the comments!