Ruffle and ribbon yarns are all the rage right now, but you don't have to stick to scarves made of novelty yarns! There are many beautiful free crochet patterns that feature ruffles and frilly details, and since it's the season of romance and flirtation, it's time to take a closer look! Here are 10 free ruffle crochet patterns to tickle your hook!
10 Free Ruffle Crochet Patterns
- City Neckwarmer by Donna Rutledge-Okoro, a Ravelry download: This pattern has been catching my eye lately, and what inspired the entire roundup! I love this look!
- Ruffled Crochet Bib Necklace by Stefanie FailA Common Thread: This is really lovely, and such a modern take on lace and ruffles.
- Bella Ruffled Bag on CrochetDreamz: Very pretty! A fantastic clutch for a wedding or night out!
- Ruffled Shawl/Cape by Linda Kaye Smith, a Ravelry download: Capes are so much fun, and this is one I can really see making for myself!
- Bella Luna Shawl by Nicky Epstein,Lion Brand: I love this so much! So beautiful. Definitely in my queue.
- Victorian/Steampunk Ruffled Spats by Rhonda RowleyGrand Rapids Examiner: Home and Living Online: So fun! Steampunk is set to be a growing trend over the next couple of years, and this is a great way to get on board if you aren't already!
- Ruffle Rose Pillow by Tracie BarrettRed Heart: This pillow takes a ton of yarn but the result is like something out of a magazine! Gorgeous!
- Crazy Ruffle Ring by Rachel ChoiCrochet Spot: What a fun and fast pattern - perfect for that extra little touch!
- Girl’s Ruffle Capelet by Myra WoodRed Heart: I love the colors and lacy ruffles of this girls capelet!
- Sun Hats by Corina Gray, on Stitch11: It's warm and sunny in the Southern hemisphere - and I suspect many of us here in the North would like to start thinking Spring! There are a variety of cute ruffled sun hats available on this site, in sizes to fit all ages!
So what do you think of crocheted ruffles? Do you have any favorite free ruffle crochet patterns you'd like to share? Post links in the comments, and be sure to let us know if you've made any of the above patterns, and what you thought of the result!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and now Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.