Santa, St. Nick, or Pere Noel – no matter what you call him, the jolly fat man in the red suit is a beloved symbol of the season recognized around the world. The stories and traditions are unique to each family, but like a good belly laugh, the fun is contagious! And now you can create your own Father Christmas with these 10 free crochet Santa patterns!
10 Free Crochet Santa Patterns
Amigurumi Santa Claus and Reindeer Patterns by Katharine Suchard: What a sweet pair! I love that little mustache, and their matching outfits.This pattern is no longer available, but I found a fantastic Santa to replace it, hope you like it!
Amigurumi Santa Claus Ornament by Tamara Lazaridou, on Toma Creations blog: Love the look of these!
- Teeny Tiny Santa on Crafty Queens: So tiny and cute! I love the idea of adding little bells to the bottom. Great as ornaments and package toppers!
- Santa’s Aprons on Yarnspirations: Put on some carols, tie on these aprons, and make memories – and all the cookies!
- Santa’s Cookies on Beansprout Creations, via the Internet Archive: Speaking of cookies… how fun are these!? Set them on the hearth or mantle for that night-before-Christmas feeling all season long!
- Infant Santa Suit and Hat by Kim Guzman for Red Heart: What a great costume for all the photo opportunities! Babies make such great little Santas!
- Playful Santa Hat on Crochet and Other Stuff: There are lots of Santa hat patterns out there, but I like this one because it comes in child and adult sizes, has a great shape, and isn’t all done with single crochet!
- Santa Belly Coffee Cozy by Crazy Curls Crocheting: UPDATE: This pattern is no longer free, but costs US $0.75 – if you need a free one, check out the Santa To-Go Cup Cozy from The Left Side of Crochet. ‘Tis the season of peppermint mocha lattes, eggnog espresso, a steaming hot chocolate. Pair this with a gift card for a great teacher gift! Or make one for yourself to keep your spirits up while you play Santa!
- Santa Pillow on Yarnspirations: This retro pillow is a great touch on any couch or sofa!
- Santa (Chocolate Cover) Decoration by Kippers Ning: Too cute, and filled with a Ferrero Roche or other wrapped truffle, it’s yummy too!
- Santa Gift Tag on LoveCrafts: These are a great way to dress up a package of set the gifts from Santa apart from the rest. And at 3″ wide I’m thinking you could probably squeeze a gift card in there too!
Santa is one of my favorite things about the holiday. I’m “all grown up” now, but the magic remains, as well as the spirit of generosity and giving. What are your Santa-related traditions? Do you have an Santa or Santa related patterns you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and now Tumblr – come join the fun! TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com