One of my favorite things about winter is the warm, delicious food. This is the time when potholders and hot pads really come in handy. And there’s no reason they shouldn’t liven up the table too! For many decades people have been using cotton yarn to make their tables pretty, and to express themselves with crochet. Indeed, they’re a practical work of art! Here are 10 beautiful and free crochet potholders and hot pad patterns to make, use, and admire!
10 Free Crochet Potholders and Hot Pad Patterns
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Flower Potholders by Jennifer Martin, a Ravelry download:
- African Flower Mandala Pot Holder by Alice Best, on Crochet with Raymond:
- Puffy Scrap Yarn Pot Holders by Corina Gray, on Stitch11:
- Kaleidoscope Hot Pads by Cylinda Mathews, on Crochet Memories: It was gone, but now it’s back! Love this design!
- Crochet Flower Hot Pad on FreeCraft Unlimited:
- Interlocking Rings Hotpad by Caitlin Pensak, a Ravelry download:
- Hallo Springtime by Ferula Péñola, on FerulitaBlog:
- Starburst Hotpad Pattern by Loretta Schepp, on Crochet Memories:
- Scalloped Potholder by Priscilla HewittPriscilla’s Crochet
- Wiggle It Crochet Trivet on Moogly:
Hope you don’t mind that I snuck a Moogly pattern in there at the end… I use and enjoy it every day, so I couldn’t resist! I’ve also made the Crochet Flower Hot Pad (#5). That one was a gift, which points out another great thing about crochet potholders and hot pads – they make great presents! Perfect for anyone who cooks, or even as just a pretty thing to put under a potted plant, they’re a fantastic housewarming or any time gift. Why not make one today?
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and now Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraK[email protected].