Holiday yarns are back in the stores, November is flying by, and I’ve already spotted three different people buying Christmas Trees! It’s officially holiday crafting season! While everyone else complains about “Christmas stuff out already?!,” we crafters know that you can never start too soon. So to kick the season off here on moogly, here are 10 fresh and free crochet Christmas Ornament patterns!
Granny X-mas on Pickles: It calls for lace weight Merino, but you could easily go with size 10 or 30 cotton crochet thread – much more economical!This pattern is no longer available, but you can get the look with this free pattern on Maize Hutton!
- Little Robin Christmas Tree Decoration by Laura Tegg: This pattern uses DK or sport weight yarn, but the result is just 2.5 inches! You can make lots and lots with just one skein of each color.
- Snowman Ornament by Audra Brown: I’ve had these in my Ravelry Queue since October. Too cute!
- Quick and Easy Christmas Ornament by Roswitha Mueller: These simple angels are very sweet, and there’s a knit version too!
- Sock Monkey Ornament by Yarnspirations: Sock Monkeys are hot hot hot right now – and yet very classic. A timeless crochet Christmas ornament for sure.
- Century Snowflake by Deborah Atkinson: Every year I make a couple dozen snowflake ornaments to give as small gifts. I think this might just be this year’s pattern! Or one of the many other breathtaking snowflakes on this site… Deborah is an amazing designer, so be sure to click around her site! I could make a dozen lists with just her patterns!
- Christmas Tree TARDIS by Nyss Parkes: I’m raising three little Whovians, and know several big ones as well – any of whom would be thrilled to get this ornament this year!
- Christmas Pudding on PlanetJune: Make us a figgy pudding, and make it right now! Love it!
- Amigurumi Christmas Mouse Ornament on Lion Brand: The only kind of mice I hope to see this Christmas season!
- Mistletoe Ornament on Riot of Daisies via the Internet Archive: Mistletoe has never looked so charming and innocent!
Crochet Christmas ornaments are the perfect project to start your holiday crafting with. They’re quick, small, satisfying, and always welcome. They make great stand alone small gifts and make packages extra special as present toppers. Have you crocheted Christmas ornaments before? Share your favorite pattern links in the comments!