Mother’s Day is less than a month away, so if you’re planning to crochet a gift it’s time to get started – at least with the planning! Every mother is different – we moms are people too! So it’s hard to make a list that will please everyone, but I’m going to give it a shot… Here are 10 free crochet patterns for Mother’s Day, designed specifically with mom in mind!
10 Free Crochet Patterns for Mother’s Day
- Mother’s Day Card by Susan Lowman, on Crochet Today!: Running low on time, or does mom have all the crocheted things she needs? Show her some handmade love in no time with this pattern!
- Daylily Tea Cosy for Mother’s Day by Jenny Stacey, on Justjen-knits&stitches: For all the lovely tea drinking mums!
- Mother’s Day Washcloths by Purl Soho, on Purl Bee: For the mom who loves gift baskets of bath stuff, with a modern look! (For some other great options along this line, look here on Moogly too!)
- A Mothers Purse by Corina Gray, on Stitch11: For the mom who’s finally ready to ditch the bulky diaper bag!
- Mother’s Day Flower Brooch by Michelle Ryan, on NezumiWorld Blog: A wonderful corsage that she can keep forever!
- A Rose for Mother – Bath Pouf by Emily Nelson, on Joyful Abode: Another beautiful bath item option!
- Mother’s Day Shawl by Lion Brand Yarn: With a simple 3 row repeat, you can treat her to some luscious organic cotton in a lovely stole.
- Mum Market Bag by Emily Bittel Lab Coat Crochet Designs: Ok, so the designer may have been thinking about the flower rather than the person, but for an Eco-conscious mom this reusable grocery bag is a great gift – pretty too!
- Mother of the Bride Shawl by Lion Brand Yarn: The perfect gift for soon to be brides to gift their mama’s – or anyone really, it’s gorgeous!
- Bookmark for Mom by Red Heart Yarn, on All Free Crochet: Pair this quick filet crochet pattern with a new book by her favorite author and she’s sure to love it!
I hope you’ve found something in this list to make for your own mother – or at least gotten some good ideas! And if none of these suit, be sure to check out all the free patterns here on Moogly – perhaps an Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf for the fashionista, or a warm pair of Simple Chunky Cabled Slippers for the mom who always worries about the chill? But now I want to know – what have you made for your mother or Mother-in-Law in the past? How was it received? Share your hits, misses, and horror stories in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.