Amigurumi patterns are always fun to make, and crochet food items are particularly popular. They also make great gifts – especially for a small child who’s ready for their own toy kitchen.
There are hundreds of free patterns to choose from, so today I’ve collected 40 unique crochet patterns and broken them into categories for you – it’s the biggest roundup I’ve done to date! Mix and match and you’ll have a yummy basket of goodies to please any kid, or kid at heart!
One important note before you start – amigurumi and crocheted playthings with small parts should not be given to children under the age of 3! Better safe than sorry! Now let’s dive in!
40 Free Amigurumi Patterns for Crochet Food
- Amigurumi Apples by June Gilbank, on PlanetJune
- Christmas Pickle Ornament by Stacey Trock, of FreshStitches (Ravelry download)
- Lemons ‘n’ Limes by Jessica Spencer, on Beansprout Creations Blog
- Eggplant by Lion Brand Yarn
- Watermelon Slice by Dena Ziegler, a Ravelry download
- Beet by Charlotte W., on NyanPon’s Knits and Crochet
- Easy Peasy Strawberries by Melissa Mall, on Inner Child Crochet
- Lettuce Leaf by Crochetqueen, on Hook, Yarn, And Needles
- Carrot by Jessica Ortiz, a Ravelry download
- Raspberries and Blueberries by Melissa Shepard, a Ravelry download
- Hotdog by Hannah Kaminsky, on BitterSweet
- No Sew Amigurumi Hamburger with Cheese by Emjay Bailey,on Nerdigurumi
- Fried Egg by Ana Paula Rimoli, on Ana Paula’s Amigurumi Patterns & Random Cuteness
- Sushi by Michelle M. Taylor, on Stitch Love:
- Eggs by Joy Koestner, on The Craft Frog blog:
- Six Fat Sausages by Elizabeth Peat, a Ravelry download:
- Cheeseburger by Dena Ziegler, on Following Him at Home:
- Chicken Drumstick by Crochetqueen, on Hook, Yarn, And Needles:
- T-Bone Steak by Whitney Bandel, on non sequitur
- Sandwiches by Joy Koestner The Craft Frog blog
- Quick Cupcake by Hannah Kaminsky, on BitterSweet
- Jammy Dodger Biscuit by Matt Farci, on According to Matt…
- Pinwheel Candy by Lion Brand Yarn
- Pistachio Petit Four by Grietje karwietje, on Grietjekarwietje PATTERN NO LONGER FREE – try the Petit Four by Mon Petit Four on Ravelry instead!
- Tiny Rainbow Cake Slice by Trish Young, on genuine mudpie
- Crochet Box of Chocolates by Michele Wilcox, on Red Heart Free Website
- Cherry Pie by Sherry Rohekar, on Craftster
- Sprinkly Donuts by Olivia Rainsford, on The Adventures of the Gingerbread Lady
- Strawberry Spongecake by Norma Lynn Hood, on Cake Sachets
S’mores by Jessica Spencer, on Beansprout Creations BlogThis blog has been taken down. Please try Amigurumi Smores by Rachel Choi, on Crochet Spot instead!
- Onigiri Couple Amigurumi Crochet pattern by Jenny Lloyd, on HandmadeKitty
- Pizza by Catherine Bligh, a Ravelry download
- Dumpling + Soy Sauce by Trish Young, on genuine mudpie
- Crochet Movie Popcorn by Michelle Burton, on Shells Yarnicles (Note that this is not the one in the photo – the original linked pattern has been taken down. The new one is fab though!)
- Stashbucks Cup by Eva Wu, on Blah, Blah, Blahhhg
- Bacon and Pancakes by Whitney Bandel, on non sequitur
- Fortune Cookie Amigurumi by Yolanda Munoz, a Ravelry download
- Mexican Dinner by Charlotte W., on NyanPon’s Knits and Crochet
- Tea and Cookies Party Set by Kathleen Stuart, on Red Heart Free Website
Croissant by Emily., a Ravelry downloadPattern now unavailable
- Make up pattern! If you’ve got a Minecraft fan, be sure to check out the Minecraft Cake by Minke van der Zee, on draadjes-blog.blogspot
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! This is a huge roundup, with lots of links to dozens of different sites, but many of these designers offer a long list of free amigurumi patterns and free crochet food patterns in particular – so be sure to take a look around and see all the great things each site has to offer!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]