Crochet hair accessories are a fantastic summertime (or anytime!) project. They’re quick, don’t take a ton of yarn, are great for on the go, and help keep your hair back and neck cool! Crochet hair accessories are also great for craft shows – build your inventory fast! And if you’ve got a little girl you crochet for, they’re sure to be a hit. So without further ado, here are 10 free crochet hair accessories patterns from other designers, plus 2 from Moogly!
12 Free Crochet Hair Accessories Patterns
- Cute Bow Headband by Rachel H.cornflower blue studio blog: One size fits all (really!) and super cute!
- The Crochet Leaf Headband by Sara Dudek, a Ravelry download: For fall in gold and red, for summer in bright gorgeous green! So pretty!
- Easy Ponytail Holder by Connie Haney, a Ravelry download: A true classic! Make one in every color!
- Frilly Scrunchy by Naoko Kimura, a Ravelry download: A delicate version of the crocheted scrunchie! Lovely!
- Flower Hair Clips and Hair Elastics by Mel Paton, on Mel P Designs Blog: Very cute! And a great idea – use and little applique or embellishment to make a custom piece!
- Hair Spirals by Danyel Pink, on CrazySocks Crochet Blog: Another classic – very retro, but still popular with the littles (and some bigs too I bet)!
- Grecian Hair-band by Lena Virginia Birse, a Ravelry download: Super simple, and incredibly elegant. And you’ll love the clever fastening!
- Frilly Flowery Hair Ties by Janette Williams, on The Green Dragonfly: I love these come together – and they look fantastic!
- Sweet Little Bows by Sara Freisberg, on tangled happy: I love the combination of crochet and ribbon here – these are adorable!
- Tiara Headband by Kate Dimech, on Little Red’s Craft Cupboard: You don’t have to be a fan of The Big Bang Theory to recognize the power of putting on a tiara!
- All Too Perfect Bun Cover on Moogly: Designed to fit small buns with instructions for upsizing! Made for a friend’s ballet-dancing daughter!
- Catherine Crochet Headband on Moogly: In two sizes, to fit children as well as teens/adults. And modeled by my oldest!
There are tons of free patterns out there for crochet hair accessories, but this is a pretty good sampling of what’s available – and hopefully there’s something here to fit your taste! Have you crocheted hair accessories before? What’s your favorite pattern to use? Share it in the comments! And if you’ve been featured, grab the button to the left and show off!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]