Finding cute crochet sweater patterns for baby girls is easy – there are hundreds to choose from, some right here on Moogly! But finding crochet patterns for baby boys, or even unisex patterns, can be more of a challenge. Today I’ve combed the internets to bring you 10 free crochet cardigan sweater patterns for baby boys!
(disclaimer: post contains affiliate links)
10 Free Crochet Cardigan Sweater Patterns for Baby Boys
(Click the name of the pattern, in blue, to go to the pattern page – they’re links!)
- Sue’s No Holes Hexagon Baby Sweater by Cozy’s Corner: This unisex option features a cute fold down collar and unique construction!
- Everyday is a New Sweater Day by Rima Aranha, on Yarny Days: Versatile and fun! Instructions included for how to change it up.
- David Peacoat by Melissa Mall, on Inner Child Crochet: Such a handsome little man! I love the peacoat shape!
- Chunky Monkey Baby Cardigan by Laura Tegg, on Lolly’s Crafty Crochet: Simple and quick, with lots of texture to keep it interesting!
- Cluster Yoke Cardigan by Patons: You have to sign up for a free membership at Patons for this one, but it’s totally worth it! Such a great design!
- Hooded Sweater & Hat by Caron International Yarns (via the Wayback Machine): This is a pattern I made several times when I was a new crocheter – both with and without the hood. Sadly, Caron doesn’t host the pattern anymore; print it out now to add to your collection!
- Newborn Layette by Darla J. Fanton, on Red Heart: This one is worked sideways, giving it a great unique look!
- My Little Man Baby Sweater by Mandy Nihiser, a Ravelry download: I love the bow tie and pocket details on this baby cardigan!
- Simple Baby Set by Lion Brand Yarn: Another great option for beginners, this baby sweater is worked flat in rows!
- Turning Stone Baby Hoodie by Kim Guzman, on Wips N’ Chains: This highly textured baby sweater is full of options: with or without sleeves, with or without the hood… however you make it, it’ll be adorable!
Have you crocheted baby boy cardigans before? What’s your favorite pattern? If you’re looking to purchase a pattern, I’ve got the Sven Sweater available, and I also love the look of the Baby Boy or Girl Striped Hoodie Sweater by Newborn Knots (both pictured below).
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! [email protected]