Despicable Me is one of our family’s favorite movies. And Despicable Me 2 is a huge hit at the movie theaters this summer! I haven’t seen it yet myself, but the kids tell me it’s even better than the first. A big part of the success of these movies are the Minions. Tiny, yellow and very funny, these background characters steal the show! Of course, there are a lot of designs out now featuring these cute guys – so here are 10 of the best free Minions crochet patterns!
10 Free Minions Crochet Patterns
- Despicable Me Minion by Stephanie Jessica Lau, on All About Ami: Stephanie always has amazing patterns, and this Minion with his removable goggles and overalls is no exception!
- Minion by Lupita Suarez, on crochet_goods: It’s a mini Minion! Too cute!
- Purple Minion by Ami Angela, a Ravelry download: In Despicable Me 2 there’s a new purple threat! This one is only a little scary – and the designer’s first written pattern! Awesome!
- Amigurumi Frenchie the Minion by Shannen C, a Ravelry Download: Does it include instructions for the little duster? Mai oui!
- Minion Beanie by Butterfly’s Creations: This cute Minion beanie comes in sizes for newborns to adults – and she’s got the Purple one too! (Note: The beanies shown in the main photo above are no longer available, this is a replacement offering.)
- Minion Earflap Beanie by Janet Carrillo , on damn it Janet, let’s crochet!: Prefer the earflap style? This Minion hat pattern fits children an small adults.
- Minion Mini Snug by Myshelle Cole, on Mamma That Makes: This cute Minion lovey is perfect for the tiniest Minion fans!
- Crochet Minion Pencil Case by Kara Gunza, on Petals to Picots: This pattern is brand new, just released! And it’s guaranteed to be a hit with back to school kids (and teens and adults)!
- Minion Purse by Gloria Wolf, a Ravelry download: A fun clutch pattern with matching Minion phone cozy!
Minion Play Goggles by Jennifer Pionk, a Ravelry download:(previous pattern no longer available) NEW LINK: Minion Googles by Ruth Jepson, on Amiguruthi! Make your minions into Minions! So fun, perfect for dress up and Halloween!
Have you seen Despicable Me or Despicable Me 2 yet? Even if you haven’t, there’s something about these little guys that just makes people smile! So fun! I hope you’ve enjoyed this roundup, and if you’ve got a favorite Minion or Despicable Me pattern that you’d like to add to the list, share a link in the comments! This roundup was also featured on Zulily! ♥
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.