There’s no man like a Snowman! Whether you’re 8 or 80, they’re just good fun. They’re symbols of winter and childhood wonder, and with the right hat, they’re magic. These 10 free crochet snowman patterns let you bring the joy indoors – and you can still have hot chocolate when you’re done making them.
10 Free Crochet Snowman Patterns
- Snowmen, by Carolyn Christmas, for Talking Crochet: Carolyn Christmas has great patterns, and this snowman is no exception! Instructions for all the outfits are included.
- Too Many Snowmen Gift Bags, on Donna’s Crochet Designs: This is a great gift bag, and the snowmen faces make a cute applique too!
- Mini Crochet Snowman, by Jill Watt, a Ravelry download: These wee little snowmen are just too cute! I love the embroidery Jill has done here!
- Crochet Snowman Hat, on Repeat Crafter Me: She’s got sizes from Newborn all the way up to Adult, and explicit step by step instructions – and this hat is just too awesome for words. It’s a hat wearing a hat!
- Snowman Cup Cozy, by Yarn Artists, a Ravelry download: This is a great teacher, friend, or coworker gift idea, and would work up super fast!
- Snowman Gift Card Cozy, on Lily Sugar’n Cream: This is a great way to make a gift card into a special gift! Just pop off his hat and untie his scarf to reveal the surprise!
- Snowman Eyeglass Case, by Cherie Marie Leck, a Ravelry download: This eyeglass case is very cute, and looks like it would make a great phone case too, with just a couple adjustments!
- Snowman Baby Bib, by Jocelyn Sass, on HGTV: Simple, quick, sweet, and useful – a perfect gift for baby’s first holiday season!
- Snowman Jar Cozy, by Doni Speigle, on Whiskers & Wool: Turn your plain jars and bowls into great seasonal decor! This is a fast project to make and would be super cute filled with candy canes.
- Snowman Applique, by bobwilson123, on youtube: This applique can be added to hats, bags, scarves, anything you like! An here’s the video:
Looking for more snowman patterns? Check out the Crochet Garlands, Crochet Ornaments, Knit Ornaments, and Crochet Christmas Stockings roundups here on moogly! Are you planning on any crochet snowman crafting this season? Share the patterns in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr – come join the fun! You can email me at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.