Yesterday I linked you to 10 Free Crochet Christmas Ornaments, but today's list is for the knitters! Knit Christmas Ornament Patterns have all the same uses and advantages - small bits of yarn, quick, satisfying projects, and they're great small gifts and present toppers! So let's got on with the list!
10 Free Knit Christmas Ornament Patterns
Click on the name of the pattern you like to go to its pattern page!
- Stjärna by Karolina Eckerdal: Beautiful, and only 50 yards of yarn! This pattern uses an unusual cast-on, and instructions for that are also included.
- Spunknit's Knitted Snowmen by Lane Drogato, via the Internet Archive: Very cute! Knit in a tube that's then gathered at the ends, this patterns is easy to personalize.
- Furry Fairies by Alan Dart: For those dreaming of nutcrackers and tiny ballerinas. So sweet.
- Mistletoe Ornament by Lindsay Lee: Very pretty and classic. Felted leaves sewn on berries make this knit Christmas ornament one that will last.
- Knitted Mini Christmas Stockings on Little Cotton Rabbits: Can you believe these are made with just 7 yards of yarn each?!
- Balls Up! by General Hogbuffer: Fingering yarn, tiny needles, and instructions for personalizing the colorwork make for classic, yet unique knitted ball ornaments.
- Partridge and Pear Ornaments from Yarnspirations: This great set screams first day of Christmas!
- Weihnachtsengel / Christmas Angel by Liliane Stengel-Grimm: The knit version of the crochet angel from yesterday's crochet roundup! Great interpretation! Instructions in both German and English.
- Sleepy Mouse by Annie Watts: Wow! This felted mouse is absolutely amazing to me. But the pattern makes it look very doable!
- Pudding by Frankie Brown: There are over two dozen ornament designs available from Frankie Brown, and this simple candle is one of my favorites. Be sure to check out all her great ornament designs - she has enough to create an entire Advent garland!
Knit Christmas ornaments are a great way to start your holiday crafting. Which ornaments do you prefer to make - knitted or crocheted? Have you knit Christmas ornaments before? Share your favorite pattern links in the comments!