I’ve shown you my favorite free crochet dress patterns for women, now it’s time to look at all the gorgeous designs available for girls! As a girl of my own and several nieces, I know that dressing young girls is a lot of fun. Whether it’s a casual day dress or something more formal, there’s sure to be a free pattern for it. Here are 12 free crochet dress patterns for girls that I think deserve special notice.
10 Free Crochet Dress Patterns for Girls
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Girl’s Lace Pinafore by Yarnspirations, on Ravelry: 18 months – 6 years – I love the colors here!
- Rows ‘o Ruffles Dress by Treva McCain, on Yarnspirations: 3-4, 6, 8-10 years – Lots of fun! Sure to be a summer favorite!
- Carta Round-yoked Dress by Pierro, English Charted: Chest 74.5cm (29.3″) – A sweet dress for the crocheter who loves charts!
- Ripple Dress by Janette Williams, on The Green Dragonfly: 3-7 years – A great tutorial for a stylish tunic!
- Pretty Sundress by Lisa Gentry, on Premier Yarns: 6-12m, 18m-2y, 3-4y, 5-6y – Simple and lovely.
- Petal Ruffle Dress by Kayla Anderson, on A Military Wife’s Tale: ages 3-6 yrs or chest size 20-23 inches – A simple (almost) one piece crocheted dress pattern with tons of appeal!
- Beautiful Red Dress by Janette Williams, on The Green Dragonfly: Custom sizing – Granny squares plus fabric – a summer classic!
- Summerdress by Lia Govers, a Ravelry download: 3-4 years – Easy to upsize for the experienced crocheter willing to experiment!
- Crochet Dress for a 3 Year Old Girl on CraftIdeas.us: 3T – This is more of a tutorial – despite the name, no exact stitch counts are given, so if you can come up with a neckline, you can probably make this in any size!
- Lemon & Pink Dress with Pineapple Motifs by Svetlana M., on Knits4Kids: 3 to 4 year old with adjustment instructions for other sizes – Frilly and flowery and a little girl’s dream!
- Summer Raglan Dress for Girls by Elaine PhillipsABC Knitting Patterns: Sizes 4 (6, 8) – Made in size 10 thread it’ll be a family heirloom!
- Sunny Day Girl’s Dress by Joyce Nordstrom, on Ravelry: Sizes 2-4-6 – Another thread masterpiece!
Are there girls in your life that you craft for? What projects have you made for them before? I have to admit, these patterns make me with my own girlie was small again. Though I had a lot less time for crocheting back then! Share your thoughts in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.