Alas, my video guy (aka Mr. Moogly) is feeling under the weather this week, so that means no new video tutorial. But not to fret – I’ve seized the opportunity and am happy to bring you a new, very overdue, edition of Unpinning Pinterest! The first 5 pins are ones I pinned to the moogly board, the last is always a bonus pin from one of my other boards!
- All About Color, on Crochet Cabana: I was so happy to see this come up, and pinned it immediately! Unfortunately the link was no good, but a big of searching and I finally found the article it came from. I think we’ve all stood in the yarn store from time to time, fretting over color, trying to decide what goes with which, etc. This article really goes through color theory and lays out several simple ways to put together the colors for your next crochet or knitting project! It’s long, but very informative – one to bookmark for sure!
- How To Design a Hat, on Slugs on the Refrigerator: This. Is. Awesome! If you’re math-phobic, it can be a little scary up in here, but the chart alone is worth it’s weight in gold! Gold I tell you! She really takes you through it step by step, so if you have to pour a glass of wine before reading, do it, because it’s worth it.
- Crocheted Bows, on Surprise DIY: This photo tutorial is in French – at least I’m pretty sure it’s French, we never did learn crochet terms in French class in high school (though that I would’ve used!). But the photos are good and with some educated guessing and experimenting I think this looks very doable. And the end result is perfection!
- 6 Different Eyes for Crochet Amigurumi Toys, on Nattypat Crochet: Natalie has a great video where she goes through some of the best options for toy eyes, including two different embroidery techniques. I love the idea for colored eyes!
- Knee-High Boot Socks, on Ball Hank n’ Skein: Boots are hot, and there are lots of boot cuff patterns out there right now. But it’s crazy cold here right now, and these full length knee-high socks appeal to me – even without the boots! I love the idea of wearing them as house slippers, all slouched down like in this photo:
- *Bonus Pin!* Owl Cake, on My Inner Need to Create: If you liked the crochet owl roundups (one and two), then maybe you should take your love of owls into the kitchen! This cake is labeled as a baby shower idea, but I think it’d be super cute at any owl themed party – or just because!
That’s the best of the moogly Pinterest page for now! I’m thinking about bringing back Unpinning Pinterest as a monthly feature here on the mooglyblog – what do you think? Let me know in the comments! (And I’ll start keeping an eye out for the best pins for February!)
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]. I’m happy to answer your questions and take private custom commissions!