The countdown is on - just 5 weeks until Christmas! I know I’ve got lots of supplies I still need to buy, and lots of crafting I need to do! Here’s this weekend’s roundup of the sales, coupons, and deals happening at the big box craft stores, so we can all save money this week on yarn and all our other crafty supplies!
Many of these sales only last through the weekend, so be sure to click on the name of the store for current prices if you’re shopping next week!
- Michaels - Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got a coupon for 40% off any one regularly priced item, and when I shopped there last week I got another 40% off coupon with my receipt. They were also handing out booklets that had a couple additional 20% off coupons, so keep your eyes out for those. Vanna’s Choice, Vanna’s Choice Baby, Glamour, Craft Smart yarn, Red Heart Super Saver, Shimmer, and Soft, Caron Simply Soft, Sashay, Homespun, Classic Wool, Wool Ease Thick and Quick, Amazing, Pound of Love, Caron One Pound, and several Loops and Threads yarns are on sale this weekend. And just this morning I got an email advertising a special 3 day yarn sale featuring Vanna's Choice for only $1.99 (wow!), as well as great prices on Sashay ($3.99), Caron Simply Soft ($2.99), Homespun ($3.99), and Charisma ($.2.29). Michaels has a mobile app with coupons as well, so be sure to download that if you can. Sign up for the email newsletter, and Like Michaels on Facebook for more coupon opportunities.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics – No flyer in my mailbox this week, but lots of the ones from last week's flyer were good through the 21st. There are usually flyers inside the front door of the store, so always check the basket on your way in. Via email I received Merry Moolah coupons for dollars off total purchases, and free shipping with a $35 purchase. To get another Jo-Ann coupon, go to joann.com, at the bottom of the page under Shop, click on Store locator. Enter your zip code (if it doesn’t already show your nearest store). When you get the results, click on “More Store Information” and a link to a coupon will pop up. Online there are dozens of yarns on sale, including Caron Simply Soft, Wool Ease, Pound of Love, Bernat Baby Blanket, Baby Coordinates, Baby Cakes, and Baby Fingering, Red Heart Holiday yarns, Red Heart Soft, Martha Stewart yarns, Homespun, Bernat Handicrafter, and more. On the website there are coupons for 50% off any regularly priced item (expires Monday) and free shipping with a $40 minimum. Be sure to sign up for the emails, their mailing list, get the app, and Like Jo-Ann Fabrics on Facebook for even more deals.
- Hobby Lobby – Baby Bee Baby yarns, Vanna's Choice, and all Christmas Crafts are on sale this week. They have the usual printable coupon for 40% off any regularly priced item. There’s an iPhone app that includes the same 40% off coupon and ad info, and also has a feature that lets you check gift card balances. You can now get the same savings on your non-Apple smart phones by visiting m.hobbylobby.com and showing the cashier the coupon on your phone.
- Herrschners – This is the choice for international shipping! There are 34 different yarns on sale this week, all Premier brand. Highlights include Starbella, Deborah Norville, Serenity Sock, Wool Free Sock, and Wool Worsted. Get on their email list for notifications of when they update their sales.
- **ACMoore – Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got a coupon for 50% off one regularly priced item. Starbella, Bernat Twist and Twirl, Caron Simply Soft, Bernat Super Value, Patons Classic, Alpine Wool, Wool Ease Thick and Quick, Lion Brand Homespun, Amazing, Silky Twist, Tweed Stripes, and Baby Soft, and Red Heart Baby Econo, Plush Baby, and Baby TLC are all on sale.
Where do you shop for yarn online? Have you tried KnitPicks or checked out the great deals on Craftsy? What are your best tips and tricks to save money on yarn – especially around the holidays? Please share in the comments, and share this roundup with all your crafty friends – there’s plenty of savings to go around!