The holiday crafting season is in full swing! I know I’ve got lots of supplies I still need to buy, and I’m willing to bet your do too. Here’s this weekend’s roundup of the sales, coupons, and deals happening at the big box craft stores, so we can all save money this week on yarn and all our other crafty supplies and gifts!
Many of these sales only last through the weekend, so be sure to click on the name of the store for current prices if you’re shopping next week!
- Michaels – Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got coupons for 50% off any one regularly priced item, and a bunch of coupons for specific items like bakeware, candles, and Melissa and Doug products (love those for kid’s gifts!). Christmas Trees are on sale 50% off as well. Caron Simply Soft, Vanna’s Choice, Vanna’s Choice Baby and Glamour, several Fun Fur and eyelash yarns, Softee Baby, Baby’s First, Flaunt, Sashay, Homespun, Classic Wool, Kroy Socks, Caron One Pound, Pound of Love, and several Loops and Threads yarns are on sale this week. Michaels has a mobile app with coupons as well, so be sure to download that if you can. Sign up for the email newsletter, and Like Michaels on Facebook for more coupon opportunities.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics – Another Christmas flyer this week! This one included 40% off an one regularly priced item, 20% off your total craft purchase (Wednesday the 21st only), and three Merry Moolah coupons for dollars off a total purchase on the 13th through 21st. There were also doorbuster coupons for next Saturday and Sunday. Be sure to check last week’s flyer too – they send out coupons far ahead of time, so there may be some good for this week still. There are usually flyers inside the front door of the store, so always check the basket on your way in. Via email I got another in-store only coupon for 40% off, and just this very morning got an email with 60% off any regularly priced item and another for free shipping with a $35 purchase. To get another Jo-Ann coupon, go to joann.com, at the bottom of the page under Shop, click on Store locator. Enter your zip code (if it doesn’t already show your nearest store). When you get the results, click on “More Store Information” and a link to a coupon will pop up. Sales going on in store all week include Lion Brand Wool-Ease, Jiffy, Red Heart Soft, Caron Simply Soft, Bernat and Patons Baby Yarns, and Red Heart Super Saver. There are also a bunch of specific daily deals going on next week – check your flyer for details. And of course tons and tons of Christmas and holiday items. On the website there are coupons for 60% off any regularly priced item (expires Monday) and free shipping with a $40 minimum. Be sure to sign up for the emails, their mailing list, get the app, and Like Jo-Ann Fabrics on Facebook for even more deals.
- Hobby Lobby – I Love This Yarn, Coats Classic Crochet Thread, and Fiberfill are on sale this week. Christmas crafts, Christmas trees, and all Christmas Party and Home Decor are 50% off. They have the usual printable coupon for 40% off any regularly priced item. There’s an iPhone app that includes the same 40% off coupon and ad info, and also has a feature that lets you check gift card balances. You can now get the same savings on your non-Apple smart phones by visiting m.hobbylobby.com and showing the cashier the coupon on your phone.
- Herrschners – This is the choice for international shipping! So much on sale this week, including lots of pattern books, knitting needles, and shawl pins. Yarns on sale include Pom pom and eyelash yarns, Red Heart and Sundance yarns, TLC Baby, Bernat Softee Chunky, Bernat Roving, Bernat Baby Coordinates, Naturally Caron Joy, and many many more! Get on their email list for notifications of when they update their sales.
- ACMoore – Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got a coupon for 4% off one regularly priced item. Kids’ crafts and craft supplies are on sale, and tons of Christmas stuff is on sale, including decor. All ruffle yarns are $4.88 each (Starbella, Sashay, and more!), and Caron Simply Soft and Simply Soft Light, Caron One Pound, all the Bernat Baby Yarns, Vanna’s Glamour and Sequins, Fun Fur, Patons Bohemian and Divine, Red Heart Soft, Unforgettable and Midnight, Bernat Super Value and Soft Boucle, and Lion Brand Homespun, Tweed Stripes, and Silky Twist are all on sale. Whew!
Where do you shop for yarn online? Have you tried KnitPicks or checked out the great deals on Craftsy? What are your best tips and tricks to save money on yarn – especially around the holidays? Please share in the comments, and share this roundup with all your crafty friends – there’s plenty of savings to go around!