It's time for the monthly designer showcase! Once a month I’ll have one of my favorite designers share a bit about themselves, and then I’ll follow it up by sharing my 5 favorite free patterns that they’ve designed! This month I'm honored to have Sarah Zimmerman, blogger, designer, and crock pot chef at Repeat Crafter Me!
Hi Moogly readers! My name is Sarah and I am the crocheter behind the blog Repeat Crafter Me. I am a stay at home mom of three with two boys who are almost 5 and 3 and a 6 month old baby girl who is already growing up too fast! I've always been artsy-craftsy but it wasn't until after I had my second baby that I started to crochet.
I quickly found that crocheting was like a hidden talent I never knew I had! I taught myself by watching youtube videos and caught on quickly. Shortly after learning, I started creating and writing down my own patterns. I wanted to connect with other crocheters, crafters and moms so I entered the blog world and I'm so glad I did because I have connected with so many fun and talented people.
Not only will you find free crochet patterns on my blog, but I also share a variety of craft projects and simple crock pot recipes perfect for busy moms like me. Crocheting has become such a fun and rewarding hobby and I love having a place to be able to share my ideas. I hope you are inspired by what you see at Repeat Crafter Me! A big thanks to Tamara for this feature! Happy Crocheting! Sarah
Sarah's projects are fresh, beautiful, and always always cute as can be. Crocheters know Repeat Crafter Me best for her gorgeous hats, as well as other crochet items - many of which have been featured in various Moogly free pattern roundups! Here are 5 of my favorites:
- Polar Bear Hat - I made a couple of these for my niece and nephew as gifts - the pattern was super easy to follow and turned out so well! Mom loved them too!
- Crochet Owl Hat (Newborn-Adult) - This is the most popular owl hat on Ravelry for the past year, and then some! Always close to the top of the list for crochet - and it's easy to see why!
- Crochet Cuffed Baby Booties - These are the perfect baby booties, perfect for a boy or a girl. And a video tutorial is included!
- Crochet Lamb - Is this not the cutest little crocheted lamb ever? Adorable on it's own, or as part of a mobile - instructions included for that too!
- Crochet Edith Inspired Hat - There are lots of Minions out there, but one of the latest patterns from Repeat Crafter Me honors the youngest sister from the movie! Too cute, and perfect as always.
Many thanks to Sarah for being featured in the second Moogly Designer Showcase! I hope you’ve enjoyed learning more about Sarah and Repeat Crafter Me – she's just as nice as you think! I also highly recommend her Crock Pot Strawberry Cobbler - crazy good, a favorite at my house!