It's time for the very last 2016's Designer Showcase! It's been so much fun highlighting my favorite designers the last few years, and now I need to know from you - would you like to see more Designer Showcases in 2017? Be sure to let me know in the comments, but first, let's highlight one of my dear friends, the wondeful Pia Thadani - blogger and designer behind StitchesNScraps!
Pia is a funny, talented, and creative designer, and I'm so happy I get to feature her here today! Here's a bit more about her in her own words:
Hi! I’m Pia from StitchesNScraps.com. My mom taught me to knit and crochet when I was about 5. She also taught me tatting, embroidery, sewing, and all sorts of other fiber arts. Out of all of it, the one that stuck was crochet.
I don’t really stick to any one genre or type of project. One day it’s amigurumi, then it’s a chunky scarf, then it’s a lace dress. This is partly because I like to try new things, but also because I very rarely crochet for myself. Ever since I started, most of what I made was for gift giving. As a result, I have a wide variety of patterns available, perfect for all sorts of gift giving opportunities.
The other thing I really enjoy is choosing a technique or topic and exploring it in depth. I’ve slowly been developing more tutorials and series. I like to get into not just how to do something, but why it works and what different kinds of things you can do with it.
I’m slowly getting back into knitting as well, and plan to have more knitting patterns out next year. I hope to actually be partnering with some other designers for a year long, knitting-focused blog hop - but it’s still in the planning stages so I can’t tell you about it yet (shhhhh – it’s a secret!)
In the meantime, come talk to me on social media – I love comments!
I had the pleasure of meeting Pia in person a couple of years ago, and always look forward to seeing her again at the crochet conventions! Here are 5 of my favorite crochet pattern freebies from Pia and StitchesNScraps!
5 Free Crochet Patterns on StitchesNScraps!
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Maraschino: A lovely dress designed specifically for plus sizes! I got to see this dress walk the runway at the CGOA Fashion Show, so pretty!
- Mesh Tube Scarf: A great unisex pattern with only basic stitches - and it's a great introduction to working in continuous rounds!
- Poinsettia Bottle Cozy: The perfect last minute gift or a hostess gift - ideal for the holidays!
- Hugging Tree: A special pattern to celebrate the “tree huggers” and Earth Day! A great gift for kids, or even a cheeky throw pillow!
- Storm Clouds: Learn the diagonal puff stitch for a whole new way to "corner to corner"!