Are you a fan of Oombawka Design? Rhondda Mol has been blogging and designing for almost 10 years now, and is a popular designer in the Moogly Crochet Alongs! And today, I get to share her site with all of you in the Moogly Designer Showcase!
A Bit About the Designer
Rhondda has been blogging at Oombawka Design since 2013! And while we already visited her in 2015, we've all changed and accomplished quite a bit since then! Here's a bit more about her in her own words:
"Hi, I’m Rhondda, a professional crochet designer, instructor, and blogger based in Ontario, Canada.
I specialize in beginner-friendly crochet patterns and tutorials and I have more than 500 free patterns currently available online. I contributed 5 designs to the book: Bold Baby Crochet by Dedri Uys and for those who prefer, I offer ad-free professional PDF patterns in my Ravelry Shop. You can find my patterns on Ravelry as RhonddaM.
When I first started designing, I enjoyed crocheting toys and smaller projects that could be made quickly. My children were little then and they loved playing with their crocheted animals. Now that my children are getting older (pre-teens) I have a bit more time on my hands and I’ve started making some larger projects, like blankets, along with hats, scarves, mittens and shawls. You will occasionally see an amigurumi project too (like my axolotl pattern), because my kids still love their crocheted toys.
I love to crochet and design patterns that have a purpose.
It makes me proud to know that my free patterns are being put to such good use by crocheters around the world. I’ve received emails telling me that my Daddy’s Simply Easy Mittens pattern has been used to make mittens for local shelters, that my easy crochet hat patterns are being used for donations to hospitals and shelters and that my crochet Angel patterns are being made for LTC and Nursing Home recipients.
Every week I share new free patterns, a giveaway, crochet tutorials, and a free pattern roundup based on a theme. I offer a free newsletter too, where I share tips & tricks (You Don’t Have to Use a Magic Ring), free premium PDFs, and other goodies for subscribers only.
Follow Oombawka Design on Social Media:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oombawkadesigncrochet/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OombawkaDesignCrochet/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Oombawkadesigncrochet/
- Newsletter: https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/crochet-newsletter
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@oombawkadesigncrochet
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/oombawkadesigncrochet/
Here are 5 wonderful crochet pattern freebies from Oombawka Design!
5 Free Crochet Patterns by Oombawka Design!
Click on the links of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Daddy’s Simply Easy Mittens (with video tutorial) - https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/daddys-simply-easy-mittens-free-crochet/
- Crochet Angel Eden (with video tutorial) - https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/eden-angel-pattern/
- Grandma’s Textured Lap Blanket (with video tutorial) - https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/grandmas-textured-lap-blanket/
- Elegant Crochet Hat Pattern (matching scarf: https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/elegant-crochet-scarf-pattern/)
Sizes: Small Child (3-5 years), Child (6-10 years), Teen, Adult (medium), Adult (large) - https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/elegant-crochet-hat-pattern/
- Last Minute Crochet Pumpkins (with video tutorial) - https://oombawkadesigncrochet.com/last-minute-crochet-pumpkins
Thank you so much to Rhondda for being featured in the Moogly Designer Showcase! Be sure to check out all of the links above for more great crochet - and save this pin to your crafty Pinterest board so you can find it later!
Are you a designer interested in being featured in a Moogly Designer Showcase? Send me an email at email@example.com ♥