Finding masculine crochet can be difficult – crochet was, after all, originally used to make lace! But if you look hard enough, it’s out there. In fact, I’ve got 10 Free Crochet Sweaters and Vests for Men to share with you today!
10 Free Crochet Men’s Sweater and Vest Patterns
Click the name of the pattern to go to the pattern!
- Father Pullover by Melissa Leapman, on Yarnspirations: (S – XXL) This classic sweater is sure to please even the most crochet-averse dudes, dad or not!
- Wine Country Pullover by Susan Robicheau, on FreePatterns.com: (S – 2XL) Great texture with a popular neckline!
- Adventuring Sage Cable Vest by Even Howard, on Crochet Me: (44″ chest) This pattern is not for beginners! Detailed and fantastic!
- Guy’s Vest by Drew Emborsky, on Knit and Crochet Now! TV: (S – 2XL) Sorry all, it looks like this pattern has been removed from the site! You can watch the Ravelry page to see if it becomes available again. In the meantime, try the Swish Vest by Kim Guzman!
- Mens Diagonal Rib Sweater by Kim Guzman, on CrochetKim: (36 (40, 44, 50)”) Amazing! And manly! Just so great.
- Tunisian Rib Stitch Zip Front Cardigan by Treva McCain, on FreePatterns.com: (S – 2XL) Love this! Also not for beginners, but if you make do it, you’ll have his thanks!
- Mens Collage Cardigan by Carol Wolf, on Wolf Crochet, via the Internet Archive: (48″ chest) A classic men’s cardigan pattern (also perfect to snag as a “boyfriend sweater”)!
- His and Hers Outdoor Sweaters by Bendy Carter, in Crochet World Magazine: (S – XL) This looks so warm and cozy! Though not all guys are going to appreciate it as much if you make a matching one for you. This link doesn’t always work – if that’s the case for you, please copy and paste this link into your browser: www.crochet-world.com/patterns/pdfs/His_Hers_Sweaters.pdf
- Fisherman Crochet Aran Vest by Lion Brand Yarn: (S – 1X) This is a great looking vest! Be sure to check out the Ravelry gallery page for a better view of the vest.
- Cabled Jacket by Treva McCain, on FreePatterns.com: Another great looking sweater from this designer! Love the cables!