The Moogly Afghan Crochet-A-Long is hopping, with lots of great crochet patterns still to come. But what about the knitters? There are lots of knit blocks out there too, and some really lovely ones! Here are 10 free knit afghan square patterns!
10 Free Knit Afghan Square Patterns
- Margaret Tulip 9″ Afghan Block Square by Margaret MacInnis, on Ravelry: A lovely bit of knit lace in a 9″ square! Check out the whole blanket of them in the comments – lovely!
- Candle Flames Cloth by Renae Jones, on Ravelry: This 12″ square is mesmerizing! Love the stitches here.
- January Teapot Square by Betty and Jack, on Ravelry: Love the bold cabling in this 12″ square!
- JoJo Dahlia 9″ Knit Afghan Block Square by Margaret MacInnis, on Ravelry: This is so gorgeous! Margaret has such a talent for squares – both knit and crochet!
- Entrelac Square by Sarah Bradberry, on Knitting-and.com: Knitted entrelac looks so amazing, and this 9″ square is a great way to give it a try!
- Lucky 4-Leaf Afghan 12″ Block by Margaret MacInnis, on Ravelry: I love this super 3D look – so rare in knitting!
- A Dozen Hearts by Melissa Hahn, on Ravelry: This 8″ square is so sweet, without being saccharine!
- Dot-to-Dot Blanket Square by Ann Kingstone, on Ravelry: I love the graphic design of this 8″ square – and you’ll see the same great pattern pop up as part of her Lanthir Lamath hooded scarf, which is incredibly gorgeous!
- Illusion Circle by Steve Plummer, on Woolly Thoughts: If you’ve thought about trying illusion knitting, here’s your chance! The pattern only shows up at a particular angle!
- Hurricane Sandy Whirly 9″ Afghan Block, by Margaret MacInnis, on Ravelry: Okay, basically you should just look at her entire catalog – gorgeousness everywhere!
I’ve never knit a blanket bigger than a baby blanket – while I love knitting, I’m just too slow! But maybe a block at a time… Have you made a knit block afghan or blanket before? What’s your favorite square?