The Hurry Up Holiday Cowl is the first pattern in the 2015 Holiday Mini Crochet-Along!
The Hurry Up Holiday Cowl takes just one skein of Lion Brand Hometown USA, and works up in less than an hour – after making a couple, I got it down to under 30 minutes! The matching hat will be shared on December 11th.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
Hurry Up Holiday Cowl
- US – P/Q, 15mm hook (Clover Amour recommended)
- 1 skein Lion Brand Hometown USA (shown in Key Largo Tweed, Wichita Tweed, and Sioux City Tweed: Super Bulky; 64 yds/59 m; 3.99 oz)
- Finished Size: 5″ wide x 14″ long/28″ around
- To make larger, add any multiple of 2 sts (will require a second skein)
- Helpful video tutorials: Foundation Single Crochet (FSC); Joining Foundations Sts to Work in the Round; Diagonal Dip Post Stitch
Round 1: FSC 38; join to work in the round. (38 sts)
Round 2: Ch 1, hdc in the 1st st, fpdc around last st of previous round, skip the next st, *hdc in the next st, fpdc around the skipped st (before the last hdc st), skip the next st; repeat from * to end, join with a sl st in first hdc of round. (38 sts)
Round 3: Ch 1, hdc in each st around; join with a sl st in first hdc of round. (38 sts)
Round 4 – 5: Repeat Round 2 – 3.
Round 6: Repeat Round 2.
Round 7: Ch 1, sc in each st around; join and finish off. (NOTE: Last row is optional if your yarn skein comes up a little bit short.)
And voila! In just minutes you have a warm and cozy cowl! Stay tuned for the matching free crochet hat pattern!
Happy holidays all!
Written pattern copyright Tamara Kelly 2015, all rights reserved. Please do not reprint or repost this pattern, but please do link to this page to share this pattern with others. To print this pattern for personal use, please use the green Print Friendly button at the bottom of the pattern. If you wish to make items for sale from this pattern, or translate it to another language, please visit the About page for details. Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for providing the yarn for this pattern!