It's time for a new Designer Showcase, featuring Mary Beth Temple of Hooked For Life Publishing! Her designs are smart and appealing, and I'm a big fan. Learn more about this amazing crochet designer and get 5 free crochet patterns, here on Moogly!
A Bit About the Designer
I first saw Mary Beth's designs on Ravelry, when I was just a hobbyist - and I knew she was top tier! When I went to my first Crochet Guild of America conference, I was thrilled to meet her in person. Here we are years later, and I'm proud to call her a friend and mentor.
Here's a bit more about her in her own words:
I grew up in a crafty household – my mother was always sewing my clothes or making something for the home. She taught me to sew and crochet, my oldest sister taught me to knit, the next sister taught me to needlepoint and embroider, and I remember taking old Golden Hands compilation craft books out of the local library and trying anything that looked like it might be fun to make. My professional design career started in 2007 when I was interviewing some big crochet names for an article I was writing for the now-defunct Yarn Market News magazine. CGOA was in Pennsylvania that year and I had family nearby, so when fabulous designer Vashti Braha invited me to make some items and attend the show that is what I did! I sold everything I had made to various print outlets and made lifelong friends.
Hooked for Life was born in 2008, when I exhibited my first collection of ten paid patterns at the TNNA trade show. Since then I have written more than a dozen books and booklets, published almost 500 patterns, taught all over the US, and appeared on US and UK tv. While I dabbled in product development a couple of times, most of my time these days is spent producing video content, whether for myself, yarn manufacturers, or for my newest venture as a Program Executive with Made it Myself TV.
Tunisian crochet is probably my favorite crochet technique although I haven’t met a crochet technique yet I didn’t like at least a little! While I focused for a long time on garment design, recently I have been focusing on small projects that can entice people to crochet, even if they don’t consider themselves a capital C crocheter!
Follow Hooked For Life Publishing on Social Media:
- Ravelry – https://www.ravelry.com/designers/mary-beth-temple
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/hookedforlifepublishing
- TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@emmbeetee
- Instagram– https://instagram.com/hooked4lifellc
- YouTube - https://youtube.com/@hookedforlifewithMBT
- Blog – https://HookedforLifePublishing.com
Here are 5 wonderful crochet pattern freebies from Hooked For Life Publishing - with a bonus!
5+ Free Crochet Patterns by Hooked For Life Publishing!
Click on the links of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
1. Extra Large Fidget Toy - https://hookedforlifepublishing.com/2023/01/29/extra-large-fidget-toy-to-crochet/
1.5. Pocket Sized Fidget Toy - https://hookedforlifepublishing.com/2023/03/19/crochet-fidget-toy-pocket-sized/
2. La Vie Boheme Pillow - https://hookedforlifepublishing.com/2023/02/12/la-vie-boheme-pillow/
3. Roll Brim Tunisian Toque - https://hookedforlifepublishing.com/2020/10/07/roll-brim-tunisian-toque/
4. Citrus Hat Trio - https://hookedforlifepublishing.com/2021/08/12/citrus-hat-trio/
5. Granny Triangle Crochet Shawl - https://hookedforlifepublishing.com/2021/10/28/granny-triangle-crochet-shawl-super-easy-for-absolute-beginners/
Thank you so much to Mary Beth for being featured in the Moogly Designer Showcase! Be sure to check out all of the links above for more great crochet - and save this pin to your crafty Pinterest board so you can find it later!
Are you a designer interested in being featured in a Moogly Designer Showcase? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org ♥