Ah, weddings. Is there anything more wonderful… or complicated? Not to mention expensive! Whether you’re the bride, a wedding party member, family, or a friend, you can add crochet to the plans – and maybe simplify and save money in the process! In this roundup I’ve gathered special gift ideas, bridal accessories patterns, reception decor and favor ideas, and flowers that will never wilt – so you can crochet the perfect wedding day!
Free Wedding Crochet Patterns:
- Wedding Ring Quilt by Kathleen Sams, on Coats & Clark: A gorgeous heirloom for the couple, and a labor of love!
- Medium Claddagh Chart by Michelle Ryan, a Ravelry download: The claddagh is a popular wedding motif, and there’s a Ravelry group to help you out if you are new to charts!
- Bridal Shrug by Kathryn White, on Red Heart: This is so beautiful! Wonderful in white for the bride or in colors to match the bridesmaid dresses.
- Bridal Shawl by Kimberly K. McAlindin, on Red Heart: Another beautiful choice, with a little more cover. Made in the called for bamboo it’ll be nice and cool!
- Bridal Keepsake Bag by Darlisa Riggs, on Crochet Uncut: Just big enough for tissues and a couple of necessities.
- Bridal Garter Belt by Darlisa Riggs, on Crochet Uncut: A beautiful and delicate heirloom.
- Bride and Groom Lovebirds by magg314, on Crochetville: A sweet gift for bird lovers, these amigurumi would also make a cute cake topper!
- Cotton Lover’s Wedding Necklace by Fatima Lasay, on Crochetology: Finished with Swarovski crystals or freshwater pearls it’s softly stunning. Be sure to check out the matching purse too!
- Irish Crochet Pincusion by Linda Ligon, on Knitting Daily: Make it in white, and this gorgeous little cushion is perfect as a ring pillow. Just add a ribbon to tie it on!
- Flower Girl Basket Insert by Donna Collinsworth, on Donna’s Crochet Designs: Pretty in plain white or in your wedding colors!
- Bridal Bouquet and Boutonniere by Lorene Haythorn Eppolite, on Cre8tion Crochet: Beautiful soft cotton flowers that will never wither – and are always in season!
- Bridal Nosegay by Nazanin S. Fard, on Red Heart: Another gorgeous option, this time in delicate thread.
- Crochet Votive Cover by Nature Nut Notes on Scribd: Reception table decor is a wonderful place to add a special touch (and save big). Glass jars with handmade covers are beautiful and intimate. Use recycled jars for eco-wedding bragging rights!
- Victoria Crochet Drawstring Purse by Penny Peberdy, a Ravelry download: Perfect for Jordan almonds or other small favors!
Bag of Hugs by Carolyne Anne, by The Party Artisan: Another sweet favor idea – end the night with a kiss!This pattern is no longer available. So please try the Cross My Heart Treat Bag here on Moogly!
When I got married we did a lot of DIY – making our own invitations, programs, and centerpieces. I wish I’d known how to crochet – I’d certainly have included yarn! Now I get to crochet for gifts for other people’s weddings! Did you crochet for your wedding? Share what you did in the comments – I’d love to read about it!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]