Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
Unicorns, magical unicorns! From youtube videos, to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Bronies and Pegasisters, to Lisa Frank, unicorns are as popular now as they were back in the days of chivalry and knights in armor. And of course that means there are crochet patterns! Make your inner 8 year old girl squee with delight at these 10 free crochet unicorn patterns!
10 Free Crochet Unicorn Patterns
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Lil' Baby Unicorn by Rachel Hoe, on Little Yarn Friends: Cute and cuddly, this little amigurumi style unicorn pattern gets great reviews - including the word "easy"!
- Crochet Unicorn Hat by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: Unicorns *and* rainbows - perfect!
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic by Knit One Awe Some, on Knit One Awe Some: This pattern is THE one to have if you have a My Little Pony fan, Brony, or Pegasister in your house! She's got different noses, wing styles, hair styles, you name it - including unicorns!
- Unicorn Pillow Pal by Nancy Anderson, on Red Heart North America: Very cute and fun - what little girl wouldn't love this for a gift?!
- Unicorn Tile by Angela Davis, on Ravelry: This versatile graph can be used two ways - have the squares represent individual stitches for a small project, or make a solid granny square for each graph square for a bit blanket!
- Lil' Fluffy Unicorn Despicable Me by Rachel Hoe, on Little Yarn Friends: The perfect accompaniment for a Minion! And SO FLUFFY! Sure to make Despicable Me fans jump for joy!
- Charley the Unicorn by Janet McMahon, on Ravelry: Shun, shun!... those who don't download this free pattern?
- Unicorn Chart by Michelle Ryan, on NezumiWorld: There are a couple different charted unicorn patterns out there, but this one is hands down my favorite. Probably because it reminds me so much of The Last Unicorn!
- Reuben the Unicorn by Charmaine Eng, on The Crooked Needle: This one has movable legs - and a rainbow! And a song!
- Amigurumi Unicorn Horn by Julianna McDuffie, on The Curious Pebble Project: Perfect for the dress-up box or Halloween costume, mounted on a headband for easy on and off!
I hope you've enjoyed this magical roundup! Unicorn crochet patterns are just so fun - what's your favorite? Are there any you thought should've made the list that didn't? Share in the comments!
Thanks for these!
Hermione the Unicorn by Dawn Toussaint is another lovely pattern. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hermione-the-unicorn
I almost added that one but it was similar to another so I sort of tossed a coin - very cute pattern indeed!
These are very Adorable I appreciate the hard work you endure ThankYou for sharing your Work, Rhonda
I just love this unicorn pattern which is also free. So cute http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hermione-the-unicorn
THANK YOU. Two days ago my 5 year old grand daughter asked if I could crochet a unicorn for her.
😀 Happy you found these then!
Number 8 actually looks like the Pokemon Ninetails with a horn! These are super cute, though. My sister once told me that she wants a super girly unicorn tattoo with rainbows and hearts and all that stuff. In the meantime, I might make her one of these. 🙂
nice pattern, will try this later.
grand daughter ask for pony with skirt, any sample pattern available ?
Now that is something I don't know that I've seen. But adding a simple doll size skirt should work!
The unicorn pillow pal can now be found here...
Help please! I know nothing about crochet, but I am trying to print the pattern off for #8 and can't find a link that would allow me to print it. I tried clicking on the picture to print, but when it comes up in the print window, it doesn't show the grid. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
Hi Lynne! The only way I was able to get it to print was using the Snip it tool and printing my snip. Snip it comes pre-loaded on most computers, just like Paint. 🙂
thanks! Maybe my husband can help me with Snip it. I don't think it is on my computer but he is the computer expert so I'll ask him. Thanks so much!