Flowers, bees, ladybugs, and now butterflies! The outdoors is calling me lately, and crochet is ready! Check out these 10 free butterfly crochet patterns – a reader request roundup!
10 Free Butterfly Crochet Patterns
Click on the names of the patterns that you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Butterfly by Wieke van Keulen, on Ravelry: This gorgeous butterfly inspired stitch pattern makes a beautiful blanket – or cowl! In UK English and Dutch, photograph courtesy of Simone Philipsen Photography. And check out her site too – she’s in the process of translating it to English!
- Bountiful Butterflies by Marken of The Hat & I, on Ravelry: Love these two color cuties – and the mobile idea is perfect!
- Olivia’s Butterfly by Valerie Whitten, on Ravelry: This popular hat pattern is available in English, French, German, and Italian – it’s popular everywhere!
- Butterfly Garden Square by Chris Simon, on Scribd: I’m a big fan of Chris’s squares, and this one is one of my favorite to make – in fact this is the one I made!
- Butterfly Wrap by Erika and Monika Simmons, on Red Heart: This lovely pattern gets its name from the shape of the back – such a fabulous and interesting look!
Butterflies & Pineapple Lace Beanie by “e” Lee, on The Crochet Lounge: A beautiful lace skull cap – perfect for warm weather!Unfortunately, this pattern is no longer available.
- Crochet Swallow-Tailed Butterflies by Megan Mills, on Megan Mills’ Homepage: You’ve got to check out the amazing collection she made using this pattern! The link is at the very bottom of her post.
- Itty-Bitty Worsted Butterflies by Tamara Adams, on Ravelry: Aren’t these just adorable! So tiny!
- Butterfly Grace by Chrissy, on Ravelry: Worked up in thread, these 3D butterflies are the most beloved on Ravelry!
- Butterfly Scarf by Esther Chandler, on Make My Day Creative: So pretty, like they just landed there! In lightweight yarn it would make a gorgeous summer wrap!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this roundup of Butterfly inspired patterns! Do you have a roundup theme request? Let me know, and you might see it here on Moogly!