Flowers, bees, ladybugs, and now butterflies! The outdoors is calling me lately, and crochet is ready! Check out these 10 free butterfly crochet patterns – a reader request roundup!
10 Free Butterfly Crochet Patterns
Click on the names of the patterns that you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Butterfly by Wieke van Keulen, on Ravelry: This gorgeous butterfly inspired stitch pattern makes a beautiful blanket – or cowl! In UK English and Dutch, photograph courtesy of Simone Philipsen Photography. And check out her site too – she’s in the process of translating it to English!
- Bountiful Butterflies by Marken of The Hat & I, on Ravelry: Love these two color cuties – and the mobile idea is perfect!
- Olivia’s Butterfly by Valerie Whitten, on Ravelry: This popular hat pattern is available in English, French, German, and Italian – it’s popular everywhere!
- Butterfly Garden Square by Chris Simon, on Scribd: I’m a big fan of Chris’s squares, and this one is one of my favorite to make – in fact this is the one I made!
- Butterfly Wrap by Erika and Monika Simmons, on Red Heart: This lovely pattern gets its name from the shape of the back – such a fabulous and interesting look!
Butterflies & Pineapple Lace Beanie by “e” Lee, on The Crochet Lounge: A beautiful lace skull cap – perfect for warm weather!Unfortunately, this pattern is no longer available.
- Crochet Swallow-Tailed Butterflies by Megan Mills, on Megan Mills’ Homepage: You’ve got to check out the amazing collection she made using this pattern! The link is at the very bottom of her post.
- Itty-Bitty Worsted Butterflies by Tamara Adams, on Ravelry: Aren’t these just adorable! So tiny!
- Butterfly Grace by Chrissy, on Ravelry: Worked up in thread, these 3D butterflies are the most beloved on Ravelry!
- Butterfly Scarf by Esther Chandler, on Make My Day Creative: So pretty, like they just landed there! In lightweight yarn it would make a gorgeous summer wrap!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this roundup of Butterfly inspired patterns! Do you have a roundup theme request? Let me know, and you might see it here on Moogly!
Thanks for reading! Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr, and sign up for the Newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing!
Wow, I love the butterfly wrap! Looks like a modern version of the granny square/stripe poncho 🙂
What a great collection! I love the look of that wrap. Thanks for linking to my scarf! 🙂
😀 Thank you so much, and you’re very welcome!
Lidia TEresa ovando Cervantes
Your butterflyes aré very specials.
This is a cute little roundup :). Doesn’t Alli at AlliCrafts have a hat similar to the Olivia’s Butterfly?
I do actually have a request if you don’t mind. Spring and summer are rolling along and I have (understandably) lost interest in all the winter projects that I haven’t finished. Could you do a spring/summer roundup to get me inspired? I know that that is a huge task and I totally understand if you don’t want to. My only thought for if you DO have a roundup is that I like practical things.
P.S. My email has not be working recently, so you can try using it at your own risk 🙂 Meaning that you just might punch your computer in frustration 🙂
Butterflied are my favorite! My home is full of varieties of butterflies; some are crocheted, so many other works of metal
butterflies, pictures, posters, etc. Your patterns of butterflie are so creative, and I am very thankful & grateful to you for
😀 I’m glad you enjoyed the roundup Patricia!
I like the butterflys very much.
These butterfly’s are so beautiful. I am disappointed because I can’t find the pattern for them
The names of the patterns are links – click on them to go to the pattern pages. 🙂