The winter months can be cold and dreary, with everyone stuck inside – but it’s also the perfect time for indoor family fun! Around here that means games, and that’s something it seems you can never have enough of, whether you’re inside during a blizzard or a heat wave, or just riding in the back seat of the car. So let’s kick the month off with 10 free crochet game patterns!
10 Free Crochet Game Patterns
- Pass The Piggies by Brigitte ReadRoman Sock: Includes printable instructions on how to play, and I love the sweet carrying case!
- Penguin Bowling Set by Hannah KaminskyBitterSweet: So funny! Great for all ages, and nice and soft (and quiet)!
- Indoor Snowball Fight by Priscilla Hewitt, on Priscilla’s Crochet: Perfect for any season!
- Tic-Tac-Toe Game by Lion Brand YarnLion Brand Yarn Online Patterns: With velcro backing you won’t lose a piece! Prefer to skip the velcro? Add a little pouch to the back to store the pieces and you can take this set on the road!
- Fishing Game Kid’s Toy by Alli HyerAlli Crafts: The bag is the “pond” – so clever! Fun and educational!
- Amigurumi D20 by Elle In Stitches, on Elle In Stitches: Lots of seaming in this one, but also lots of fun for older gamers.
- Ring Toss Bunny by Donna CollinsworthDonna’s Crochet Designs: Spring will be here soon, but ring toss is fun year round!
- Mini Roll-up Checkerboard by Melissa “Missa” Hills, on kpixie: Perfect for stashing in your carry-on, purse, or toy bag for trips!
- Surakarta Game Board by KaetKaet’s Thoughts: If you aren’t familiar with Surakarta (aka Roundabouts), you can get the instructions online. Looks like fun!
- Frisbee Flyer by Bonnie Jacobs, a Ravelry download: Nice and soft for indoor play, and be sure to read the description of why this particular pattern was made.
All these make great indoor games – and great gifts to give to any kids you know (young and old alike)! Our family loves to gather around for all sorts of board and card games, and I know that any of these would be a welcome addition to our game cabinet. I hope you find a few free crochet game patterns here to inspire you as well!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and now Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]log.com.