Crocheting baby hats is so much fun! And they make the perfect donation item too! I’m proud to be a Yarn Hero, and I’m sharing the Double Trouble Baby Beanie today so you can make it for a baby you love – or to donate!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
Double Trouble Baby Beanie
- US – I, 5.5mm hook (Furls Fiberarts used)
- 70 yds Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice (Aran/yarn symbol “4”/UK: 10 ply; 145 yds; 3oz)
Colorways used: Color A: Denim Mist, White (pom poms only)
- Optional: Clover Pom Pom Maker – 1.75″
- Gauge: 6 sts x 3 rows = 2″ in blo dc
- Size: Fits most newborns, 12-14″ head circumference
- Measurements: 6″ wide x 6″ tall (excluding pom poms) laid flat
- For helpful video tutorials: fdc (foundation double crochet), foundation sts in the round, fpdc (front post double crochet), gathering crowns
- For other crochet abbreviations and tutorials, click here
Round 1: With first color, FDC 40, join to work in the round. (40 sts)
Round 2 and 3: Ch 2 (does not count as a st), *fpdc in next st, hdc in next st; repeat from * around, join. (40 sts)
Round 4 – 10: Ch 2, dc in the BLO of each st around; join. (40 sts)
Round 11: Fold hat flat, as shown above, ch 1, sc through both layers to close top of hat. (20 sts)
Optional: Make 2 pom poms and sew to corners of hat.
And that is about the easiest hat pattern I’ve ever written – but I just love the results! This one is a little different, but full of cute! I hope you like it!
Written pattern copyright Tamara Kelly 2016, all rights reserved. Please do not reprint or repost this pattern, but please do link to this page to share this pattern with others. To print this pattern for personal use, please use the green Print Friendly button at the bottom of the pattern. If you wish to make items for sale from this pattern, or translate it to another language, please visit the About page for details. Thank you to Lion Brand Yarn for providing the yarn for this pattern!