Is there anything worse than pouring a piping hot cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa… only to find it gets cold before you can even drink it? That’s where mug cozies come to the rescue! And of course, have a bit of fun while they’re at it. So here are 10 free crochet patterns for mug cozies!
10 Free Crochet Mug Cozy Patterns
- Mug Coaster Cozy by Micah York, on Ravelry: Great for beginners and it looks great too! Be sure to pick a button with lots of personality!
- Owl Mug Wrap by Michele Wilcox, on Red Heart: Owl everything! What a hoot, indeed.
Mug Cozy by Lauren Frank, on Tutus & Tea PartiesThis pattern is no longer available. For a similar pattern, click here!
- Coffee Mug Cozy by Jaylee’s Toy Box, on Ravelry: Love the sweet stripes, so fun!
- “Cup of Tea” Coffee Mug Cozy with Non-Slip Backing by Rhonda Greene, on Mrs. Greene: A cute applique plus increased practicality! Love!
- Dentelle Cup Cosy by Shara Lambeth, on Shara Lambeth Designs: This one is lacy and lovely – very different!
Granny Square Mug Cosy by Earth and Sky.This pattern is no longer available. For a similar pattern, click here!
- “Chasing Chevrons” Cozies by Jennifer Pionk, on Ravelry: A lovely set of free patterns in one of the hottest stitch patterns around!
- 7 Cable Mug Cozy by Nancy Torrance, on Schmutzerella’s Crafts: Gorgeous cables and a cozy that really stands out!
- Mustache Mug Hug by Michele Wilcox, on Red Heart: I mustache you.. coffee or tea?
- BONUS! Don’t forget about the Christmas Tree Coffee Cozy, available right here on Moogly!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this roundup of free crochet mug cozy patterns. They’re great for using up ends of yarn, as gifts for beverage loving friends, or for putting a smile on your face in the morning – all important!