Is there anything worse than pouring a piping hot cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa... only to find it gets cold before you can even drink it? That's where mug cozies come to the rescue! And of course, have a bit of fun while they're at it. So here are 10 free crochet patterns for mug cozies!
10 Free Crochet Mug Cozy Patterns
- Mug Coaster Cozy by Micah York, on Ravelry: Great for beginners and it looks great too! Be sure to pick a button with lots of personality!
- Owl Mug Wrap by Michele Wilcox, on Red Heart: Owl everything! What a hoot, indeed.
Mug Cozy by Lauren Frank, on Tutus & Tea PartiesThis pattern is no longer available. For a similar pattern, click here!
- Coffee Mug Cozy by Jaylee's Toy Box, on Ravelry: Love the sweet stripes, so fun!
- "Cup of Tea" Coffee Mug Cozy with Non-Slip Backing by Rhonda Greene, on Mrs. Greene: A cute applique plus increased practicality! Love!
- Dentelle Cup Cosy by Shara Lambeth, on Shara Lambeth Designs: This one is lacy and lovely - very different!
Granny Square Mug Cosy by Earth and Sky.This pattern is no longer available. For a similar pattern, click here!
- "Chasing Chevrons" Cozies by Jennifer Pionk, on Ravelry: A lovely set of free patterns in one of the hottest stitch patterns around!
- 7 Cable Mug Cozy by Nancy Torrance, on Schmutzerella's Crafts: Gorgeous cables and a cozy that really stands out!
- Mustache Mug Hug by Michele Wilcox, on Red Heart: I mustache you.. coffee or tea?
- BONUS! Don't forget about the Christmas Tree Coffee Cozy, available right here on Moogly!
I hope you've enjoyed this roundup of free crochet mug cozy patterns. They're great for using up ends of yarn, as gifts for beverage loving friends, or for putting a smile on your face in the morning - all important!
Thanks for reading! Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest and Tumblr, and sign up for the Newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!
I've just discovered your blog via google. I was searching for a pattern and was directed here!
I've added you to my reading list and can't wait to see more. It's going to take me a while to read your previous posts, there's a lot of good stuff!
Thank you so much Caroline! 😀
These are simply delightful! As a mug person with a daily coffee morning routine, I see cozy covers in my mug's future! Thank you for the free patterns!
Thanks so much Laura!
These are all so cute! Thanks for including my mug coaster cozy pattern. Btw, I love your Christmas tree mug cozy - going to pin it right now so I can remember to make it next Christmas 🙂
Thank you Micah! 😀
Can you please send to me the battern of the mugs to my email
Sorry, I don't own them - you'll need to click on the names of the patterns you like to get the patterns themselves.
I clicked the 3rd mug cozy and the link directed me to tutus tea parties but was not for the cozy I tried to search within the site and still nothing is there another link?
Hi Susie! Unfortunately, it looks like some time in the 3 years since I wrote this post that the site changed focus or ownership and that pattern is gone. I did find a similar one that you might like though! https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mug-cozy-single-double-crochet
Thank you for letting me know about the dead link! I'll update the post now.
Oh wow it was 3 years I didn’t even realize! Well thanks for responding so quickly and finding and adding another free link! I really appreciate it and I can’t wait to make it tonight! Thanks so much! Cheers!!
oh!.. toooooo cute!.. I really loved the 10th one the most!..
I really love your beautiful crochet items. Of course, I figured I would like you too, because my daughter's name is also Tamara.
😀 Thank you Amy!
How do u get the directions?
Would like to do a coffee cup cozy.
Click on the name(s) of the pattern(s) you like! 🙂
can you tel me how to get my 10 free patterns 07742269760
Click on the names of the patterns you like - if you look, you'll see they are links! Clicking them will take you to the patterns.
Thanks for sharing. I made the Christmas tree
🙂 I'm glad you liked it, thank you!
I make mug cozies but mine don't have a button. So I have to make each one to fit the mug. My friend puts hers in the microwave. Buttons can't go in the microwave.
Do you know if anyone makes something like this that specifically wraps around the handle? I like holding warm cups bit sometimes those handles can be scolding right out of the microwave.
Hm, I don't have anything quite like that, but I did find a knit one on Ravelry. I think you could easily take this idea and make a crocher version! https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/teacup-handle-sweater-archived
Thank you so much for your blog! It is one of my favorite go-to spots when I'm looking for a new and unique project. Your efforts on the blog are certainly appreciated.
♥ Thank you so much, Deb!