Crafters are some of the most generous people I know, and so many spend their time and talents creating things for charity! And in 2021, charities were in need of our help for sure. See the best patterns of the year here, as well as 10 great charities to crochet and knit for!
While the Moogly family is on holiday break, the Yarnspirations family has put together some lovely year end roundups, full of fantastic patterns to explore. Crochet and knit blanket, socks, breast inserts, and so much more, all can make a big difference in people’s lives every day.
Below, get all the links to the patterns, links to the specific patterns I think you don’t want to miss, and then get a mini roundup of some of the Charities I’d really like to highlight!
How Do You Like Your Links?
Patterns of Note
There are many great patterns in this collection, here are my favorites!
- Crochet – Hands Full Crochet Mittens – These mittens come in several sizes, and are great for warmth as well as decor and fundraisers! Watch my tutorial here!
- Knit – Everybody Knit Hat – A warm hat is so important when the weather turns, and it’s the perfect project to make for charity. Bonus – this style has been right on trend, too!
Moogly’s Favorite Charities
Every Sunday, on the Moogly Facebook page, I share a link to a Crochet and Knit charity – aka, a charity that accepts crochet and knit items! I source these from a list sent in from readers, but here are some of my favorites:
- Warm Up America – a national nonprofit that since 1991 has provided hand-knitted and crocheted blankets, clothing, and accessories to people in need.
- Red Scarf Project – the oldest and largest national nonprofit organization working solely with college-bound foster youth.
- The Snuggles Project – the Snuggles Project is a very good project for kids and people learning how to crochet, knit, or quilt because the animals love them any way they can get them.
- Project Linus – helping children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”
- Knots Of Love – hand-knit and crochet beanies for those experiencing treatment-induced hair loss and tiny neonatal blankets for fragile new lives in infant ICU incubators.
- Knitted Knockers – special handmade knit and crochet breast prosthesis for women who have undergone mastectomies or other procedures to the breast.
- Binky Patrol – making blankets of all sorts for local communities, they’ll help you organize your own group!
- Pink Slipper Project – an endeavor to warm the hearts and toes of women and children living in shelters for victims of domestic violence.
- Feel Better Friends Project – making handmade dolls stuffed with love and well wishes, crafted by volunteers and donated to children battling cancer and other illnesses.
- Soap Sacks – a grassroots effort to connect people from all over the world while crocheting/knitting soap sacks and then donating them (with a bar of soap in each one) to homeless shelters, food pantries, veteran clinics, relief efforts and social service agencies.
Thank you all so much for reading Moogly this year! We’re excited to bring you lots of fabulous new patterns, videos, CALs, and more in 2022! Have a wonderful holiday season, and Happy New Year!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! And sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! Thank you to Yarnspirations for providing the materials for this post.