It’s time for March’s Designer Showcase! I like to wrap up each month by having one of my favorite designers share a bit about themselves, and then I follow it up by sharing my 5 favorite free patterns that they’ve designed! This month I’m excited to share some of the crazy cute things from the lovely Stephanie Lau – the blogger and designer behind All About Ami!
Stephanie’s designs are always fantastic, and I was excited to learn more about her! Here’s a bit more about her in her own words:
My name is Stephanie, and I’ve been crocheting ever since I was a little girl! I rediscovered my love of crochet when I got married and started working, and I absolutely fell in love with “amigurumi”, the Japanese art of knitted/crocheted stuffed animals. This love of amigurumi drove me to start my blog All About Ami in January 2011 and I’ve been documenting my projects and sharing my original designs with people all over the world ever since!
I live in Alberta, Canada with my loving husband Ryan who helps me photograph, design and complete my projects. I am also the mommy to two sweet little girls named Myla and Brielle! You can follow my work at www.AllAboutAmi.com !
Aren’t those girls adorable?! It’s no wonder Stephanie (NOT Ami – that stands for amigurumi!) makes such cute things! Here are 5 of my favorite freebies from All About Ami:
5 Free Crochet Patterns on All About Ami!
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
1. Triple Luxe Cowl – “Luxe“ by definition means “luxurious, expensive, high quality” and this cowl fits the bill with its luxurious look and feel!
2. Cabled Slouchy Beanie – This pattern is really simple to adjust for different sizes as you simply make the ribbed band your desired length and then work the cabled body!
3. Chinese New Year Sheep/Lamb – Sweet fluffy lambs are always perfect, no matter what year it is!
4. The Granite Cape – “Granite” refers to the stitch – this sweater is soft and flowy and gorgeous!
5. Bear Pom Beanie – Sized to fit her 9 month old daughter, this pattern can be easily adapted for various sizes and people of all ages!
Thank you so much to Stephanie for being featured in the March Moogly Designer Showcase for 2016! Be sure to check out All About Ami for more great crochet!