Today has been an exciting day - my new washer and dryer have finally arrived! Since we moved over a week ago, we haven't had laundry equipment, and have had to run back and forth between houses, doing one load at a time. But no more! To celebrate, here are pics of my new laundry room... and a few free patterns to help you clean up at your house!
But first the before... actually, the half way - when we moved in, there was a torn up cement patch and the walls were a mess. We were up late last night painting, putting down sticky tile, and putting coving around the base of the wall. We're pretty proud of it! It's a humble laundry closet, but it's ours.
And here's the after!
They dryer isn't hooked up yet - that has to wait until Geoff gets home. But it's a step in the right direction! We got Whirlpool Duets, and I feel like I'm going to have to actually sit down and read the manuals on a washer and dryer. Ok, I'm certain of it! But they do look fun, at least as far as laundry can be fun!
Now, we all know crocheting comes before cleaning. But you can still be all virtuous when you're crocheting cleaning products! Here are a few free patterns to help you retain that air of industry!
5 Free Dishcloth Crochet Patterns on Moogly:
- Ripple Puff Cleaning Cloth: This one can clean you or your home - and has great texture and stitch variety!
- Rainbow Flower Scrubby Dishcloth: The center is rough - but very pretty!
- Basketweave Scrubby Cloth: My very first pattern! And I still have the one in this photo, going strong - just unpacked it the other day!
- Strawberry Basket Tunisian Dishcloth: Looking for Tunisian adventure? This is just the pattern!
- Tunisian Pebbles Dishcloth: Not quite ready for adventure but want some texture - start here!
Now I'm off to sort some laundry - it's amazing how much can pile up in a week with a family of 5! And if you have front loading machines, share your tips please - it's a whole new adventure for me!