Oh sure, everybody dresses up the kids. Some adults even don costumes for Halloween. But what about the pets? Don’t let them miss out on the fun – even if we’re really the ones enjoying it most! Today’s roundup features 10 free crochet pet costume patterns that are sure to win your fur-baby a prize at the pet parade – and hopefully won’t have the cat plotting against you.
10 Free Crochet Pet Costume Patterns
- Candy Corn Pet Sweater by DIY Maven: This one is designed for pets that are 12-20 lbs, but is easily adaptable to any size!
- Blooming Dog by Linda Cyr, on Red Heart: This one fits right around the collar and is sized to fit dogs (or really big cats) with an 11-15″ neck.
- Dog’s Crochet Bumble Bee Costume by Sharon Mann on Coats & Clark: Offered in Small, Medium, and Large. This would be a fun one to pair with the Blooming Dog costume above if you’ve got two pets!
- Nyan Cat Pet Costume Crochet Pattern by Starling , on Craftyghoul: This… is hilarious and awesome. And not going to fly with every cat. But if you’re lucky you too can get away with this!
- Bowser Costume for a Box Turtle by Jennifer Olivarez, on Squirrel Picnic: Don’t leave the non-furry pets out! This fun pattern even includes a tutorial!
- Hot Dog Coat by Kj Hay, on Fave Crafts: So punny! This one is designed for pets with a chest circumference that measures approximately 15–20″, but I think an experienced crochet could scale this up or down pretty easily.
- My Pimp Paw is Strong by Stacy Mar, on Spindles and Spices: For the cat who likes to run the show… This designer actually has an entire series of knitted hats for pets called International Cat Hat!
- Dog’s Crochet Witch Costume by Sharon Mann, on Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores: Offered in the 3 sizes for the cape, and 1 size for the wee witch’s pointy hat!
- Puppy Pirate Hat by Nancy Anderson, on Red Heart: Directions included for 3 sizes – each full of ARRR! (The good kind of ARRR of course!)
- “Cat in The Hat” Dog Costume by Sara Sach, on Posh Pooch Designs: So funny! And Posh Pooch Designs has dozens of great pet patterns – be sure to browse them all!
Do you dress up your pets for Halloween? Have you made crocheted a pet costume pattern before? Share your thoughts in the comments and if you’re on Facebook be sure to come share your photos on the Moogly Facebook page!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, Sulia, and Google+ – come join the fun! TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.