From what I’ve seen this fall, crochet cowls are THE gift to give and get for women this season. Perfect for any holiday gift giving or just for winter warmth and style, cowls are practical, cozy, and very on trend. Here are 10 free crochet cowl patterns to help you make that perfect present!
- Calm Cowl by indigoDOT: (437 yds) There’s a reason this free cowl pattern has been in the Top 5 for Ravelry for so many weeks! It’s simple, easy to make, and it looks great.
- Convertible Cowl on FaveCrafts: (220 yds) This crochet cowl is made with an N hook and either bulky yarn or 2 strands of worsted – a very quick project!
- Chunky Circle Scarf on People Webs: (600 yds) The Catherine Wheel stitch is so pretty in this chunky infinity scarf made from 2 Caron Simply Soft held doubled!
- Cardiff Cowl on Lion Brand: (292 yds) Lacey and lovely, this scarf is a dream in Baby Alpaca – lightweight and warm!
- Diamond Crochet Cowl on moogly: (210 yds) I’m still loving this cowl – and the diamond pattern has been a hit with both women and men! Easily adaptable for yarn and length.
- Triple Play Infinity Scarf on Caron: (668 yds) This infinity scarf is super open and lacy worn long, but I’m crazy for how it looks doubled or tripled!
- Loop D’ Loops on Nomsa Knits: (custom) This is possibly the very easiest, most beginner level cowl ever made – and it looks amazing! I love this look. Might have to put my 11 year old to work on this one!
- Chunky Cluster Cowl on Crochet Spot: (149 yds) This cowl is as bold as can be, and the cluster stitches make me think of braids or weaving. Looks amazing!
- Autumn Sunset Infinity Scarf on moogly: (355 yds) I love what people have been doing with this pattern on Ravelry – working Rows 6-9 in a different color gives it a whole different look!
Cubes on Filcolana: (700 yds) Ok, I know this one is in Danish, but take a closer look at the pattern. It includes charts (the international crochet language!) and close-up photos of the scarf laid flat. It’s basically simple filet crochet! And the end result is surprisingly gorgeous. I love the really graphic, geometric quality of this one.This pattern is no longer available.
Have you made any crochet cowls yet this season? Planning on making more? What do you think is the perfect cowl for gift giving? Share in the comments!