It’s that time of year again – there’s a chill in the air, and crochet and knitwear is reappearing all over! The cowl and infinity scarf trend persisted through an unusually mild summer here, and now their numbers will only increase! Cowls and infinity scarves are one of my very favorite items to design – they’re easy to make, fun to wear, and can change up an outfit for a whole new look every day! So when I realized I how have 10 free crochet cowl and infinity scarf patterns to share, I thought I’d celebrate by showing them all off at once! And maybe inspire a few Christmas and Holiday Crafting to-do lists in the process!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
10 Free Cowl and Infinity Scarf Crochet Patterns on Moogly
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Starstuff Cowl – 1 skein Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Sunrise
- Moroccan Midnight Cowl – 1 skein Red Heart Soft in Black and 1 skein Red Heart Boutique Midnight in Tropical
- Luscious One Skein Cowl – 1 skein Lion Brand Brand Unique in Grapevine
- Splash of Spring Cowl – 1 skein Yarn Baby LLC worsted weight 60% Merino/40% Bamboo
- Suddenly Sparkles Scarf – 1 skein Red Heart Swanky in Berry Glamorous
- Autumn Sunset Infinity Scarf – 355 yards worsted weight Bernat Handicrafter
- Diamond Crochet Cowl – Worsted Weight Yarn, 210 yards (original yarn discontinued)
- Neon Dreams Infinity Scarf – 92 yds each of worsted weight yarn, in 5 colors of Bernat Handicrafter
- Scarfati – 98 yds bulky weight Adriafil Cortina
- Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf – 1 skein Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in Tidal
The other reason I’m highlighting these patterns right now? Because there are only 99 days left til Christmas as I write this, and even less until Hanukkah! If you plan on making handmade gifts this year, crochet cowls and infinity scarfs are a great option. Many use just one skein, and take only an evening or two to make. And all the trends say they’re going to be the gift to give this year. Start now and you can take a lot of pressure off the holiday gift rush! I hope you found some patterns here to inspire you!