Crochet baby bib patterns are pretty, practical, often funny, and fun to make. They're quick too - which means a set of pretty bibs is a perfect handmade baby shower gift!
With all the great designs out there, you're sure to find one that fits the parents' personalities and tastes too. Whether it's sci-fi, antiques, or the hottest trends, matching the bib to the parent's interests is the perfect way to make sure your gift is a hit!
So in that spirit, I've gathered one of the most diverse collections of free bib patterns available on the web! These 10 unique and free crochet baby bib patterns will set you on your way to being the most thoughtful and coolest crocheter the new family knows!
10 Free and Unique Crochet Baby Bib Patterns
- Owl Bib by Lion Brand Yarn: Owls are super popular, especially for babies!
- Baby Bib from Abbedidd by Hilde Venevil Sandhu on The Yarn Blog: Peace-loving parents will love these far out bibs! And car fans too!
- Cotton Bib by Tiffany Roan, on Peanutzmom's Pattern Place: This crochet baby bib pattern is practical but attractive, great for those who like to keep things simple and easy. Also a great base for adding an applique to personalize it!
- Star Trek Baby Bib by Pam Grennes, on Crochet Parfait: Do NOT use red yarn for this one!
- Seeker by Michelle Adams, a Ravelry download: Give the new Seeker his own Golden Snitch! Harry Potter fans will adore this one!
- Alice Pinafore Bib by Crochet Kitten: Wonderland wonderful!
Round Baby Bib by Sonea Delvon, a Raverly download: Non traditional but so delicate and lacy looking - perfect for those who like their baby things both feminine and modern.
Unfortunately, this pattern has been removed from the internet by the designer.
- Vintage Baby Bib, on Antique Crochet Patterns.com: Now that the copyright on patterns from the early 1900s has expired, you can make a bib for those who adore vintage items and antiques!
- Robot Bib by Lion Brand Yarn: Whether they collect vintage toys or love the latest gadgets, this Robot baby bib is sure to be a hit!
- Domo-Kun Bib by Marika Allely, a Ravelry download: Manga moms and dads will love this one!
So which crochet baby bib do you like best? What's your go-to pattern for gifting? Share with us in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
lovin the vintage look!!!!
I love any of the dainty ones, great granddaughter has started teething, thinking I'd best get my hook busy!
Love, love, love the round baby bib. So pretty! would be great for when baby is teething, not so much for when eating. I'd hate to get it dirty! Thanks so much for your work in finding patterns and for your own. You're awesome!
😀 Thank you Liz!
Those are so creative! I'm partial to owls but the circle bibs are so sweet!!!
I have been looking for some awesome crochet baby bib patterns and I'm glad I have found this one. That Vintage Baby Bib will surely get a very good impression to most mothers because it is really pretty as well as that Round Baby Bib. But since I am looking for the most awesome one, I think that Domo-Kun Bib is exactly what I have been looking for. My friend has a lot of Domo Collectibles and I think she will love to have it too. What do you think? Well, thank you for sharing those unique crochet baby bib it will surely help a lot.
😀 Glad you enjoyed the collection Rob! That Domo bib is definitely for a very specific set of parents lol.
I would love to have the pattern of the baby bibs especially # 7 and 8. My mother crocheted one that was similar to #8 and she has passed and I can not find one of the bibs that she made. I hope you will forward the patterns and I certainly would appreciate them.
Hi Helen! I cannot forward the patterns as they are not mine to give, but you can just click on the names of them, and it will take you right to the pattern pages. 🙂
PLEASE SEND ME THE DIAGRAM PATTERN FOR VINTAGE BIB
Hello Venesha! This is a very old pattern, it doesn't look like a diagram was made for it.
Could u get me the pattern for the round bib
Unfortunately, it looks like the designer has made that one currently unavailable.