THREE WEEKS TIL CHRISTMAS! But don't panic, there's time to get all the yarn you need! Don't spend more than you have to - save money at the big box craft stores this weekend using this roundup of sales, coupons, and deals!
Many of these sales only last through the weekend, so be sure to click on the name of the store for current prices if you’re shopping next week!
- Michaels – Michaels sent out and email yesterday with a coupon for $5 off when you spend $25, valid November 30. On the site, enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got coupons for 50% off any regularly priced item, and a "more you spend, more you save" that starts at $5 off $25, good Friday and Saturday. All the Christmas yarns are on sale for $1.99, but when I went into our local store earlier this week there was very little left (even less after I was there, mwahahah!), so act fast on those! Loops and Threads Impeccable, Country Loom, Charisma, and Flaunt, Caron Simply Soft, Fun Fur, Patons Classic Wool, and Sugar'n Cream are all on sale as well. Michaels has a mobile app with coupons as well, so be sure to download that if you can. Sign up for the email newsletter, and Like Michaels on Facebook for more coupon opportunities.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics – My flyer came yesterday, and it's got coupons for 40% and 50% off one regularly priced item that are good all the way through December 24 - I hope this doesn't mean there won't be more in the meantime! There is also a Surprise Savings coupon for 10-20% off your total purchase, good for the weekend of December 7-9 only. If you're a senior citizen, there's another coupon inside the flyer for 20% off your total purchase, good December 5th only - and they require ID, so no crocheting a gray wig! Coupon Commotion is coming up December 14-20, and those coupons are in the center of this flyer - including five 50% off coupons for any regularly priced item! There are usually flyers inside the front door of the store, so always check the basket on your way in. To get another Jo-Ann coupon, go to joann.com, at the bottom of the page under Shop, click on Store locator. Enter your zip code (if it doesn’t already show your nearest store). When you get the results, click on “More Store Information” and a link to a coupon will pop up. Last week's flyer has Deborah Norville Collection yarns and Bernat Handicrafter on sale. Advertised yarn sales starting December 2nd include Caron Simply Soft, Lily Sugar'n Cream, Sensations Rainbow Boucle and Rainbow Classic, Bernat Handicrafter, all Deborah Norville Collection yarns, and all knitting needles and crochet hooks at 25% off. On the website there are coupons for 50% off one regularly price item and free shipping with a $50 minimum, both good only through December 1st, so check there again on Sunday to see the new coupons. Be sure to sign up for the emails, their mailing list, get the app, and Like Jo-Ann Fabrics on Facebook for even more deals.
- Hobby Lobby – I Love This Yarn, Coats Classic Crochet Thread, and Poly-fill are on sale through the 1st. They have the usual printable coupon for 40% off any regularly priced item. There are an iPhone app and a new Android app that include the same 40% off coupon and ad info, and also have a feature that let you check gift card balances. You can now get the same savings on your non-Apple/Android smart phones by visiting m.hobbylobby.com and showing the cashier the coupon on your phone.
- Herrschners – The only choice I've found so far for international shipping, please let me know if you know of others! Now through December 5th at Herrschners it's Bernat Bargain Days, with deals on Satin, Icicle Holiday, Pipsqueak, Baby, Baby Sparkle, Satin Sparkle, Waverly, Softee Chunky, Softee Baby, and Happy Holidays. Get on their email list for notifications of when they update their sales.
- ACMoore – Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. I got a coupon for 50% off any regularly priced item, good through December 1st. On sale through Saturday are Red Heart Super Saver, Caron Simply Soft, Bernat Super Saver, Homespun, Hometown USA, Lion Brand Pound of Love, Caron One Pound, Lion Brand Silky Twist and Tweed Stripes, Mill Ends, and Bernat Softee Baby, Baby Coordinates, Tizzy, and Pipsqueak.
Oh! Big news, maybe...I've heard that Jo-Ann retail locations have started accepting competitors coupons! Anyone tried it out yet?
Where do you shop for yarn online? Have you checked out the great yarn and classes deals on Craftsy? KnitPicks has been advertising a lot of sales lately too. What are your best tips and tricks to save money on yarn – especially around the holidays? Please share in the comments, and share this roundup with all your crafty friends – there’s plenty of savings to go around!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, sneak peeks, and to order your own ooak moogly items – I’m taking commissions! Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and now Tumblr – come join the fun!
Leave a Reply