Just because we now have the internet, it doesn't mean we're done with crochet magazines. Whether they come to your mailbox or your inbox, crochet magazines are happy mail - and there are seven of them that I'm highlighting here on Moogly!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
As a crocheter, I love browsing through crochet magazines - and as a designer, I love finding names I know attached to the patterns (including, when I'm lucky, my own)! I subscribe to several, and pick others up at the craft stores whenever I get the chance.
What I love the most about crochet magazines is the variety - every publication has its own style, and every issue has a new collection of patterns to explore. And something I've come to appreciate more the longer I crochet is the in-depth articles about techniques, or even travel "blogs" about crochet adventures!
Here is a peek at my 7 favorite crochet magazines - and what I love about each!
My 7 Favorite Crochet Magazines
- Crochet! - click here to subscribe: This is one of the first crochet magazines I ever subscribed to - and I still do! Nowadays I get it as a member of the Crochet Guild of America, but I'd be subscribing regardless. It's current, accessible, and is always filled with patterns at a mix of skill levels - and that includes the many wearables! See what's in the Summer 2017 issue below!
- Crochet World - click here to subscribe: I suspect that Crochet World may be one of the oldest continuously published US crochet magazines on newsstands right now, but I haven't been able to confirm it! This magazine has staying power and has outlasted many competitors. You'll always find lovely home decor projects in this one, and it might be the best bet for thread crochet too. A mix of projects for all ages to enjoy!
- Love of Crochet - click here to subscribe: I discovered Love of Crochet late (it's my newest subscription!), but I'm *am* loving it! It's got a playful vibe and a great mix of wearables as well as home decor. It's approachable, trendy, and full of fast makes! You can see the projects in the Summer 2017 issue all on the back inside cover here too - love that so many of these magazines do that!
- Interweave Crochet - click here to subscribe: I subscribe to Interweave Crochet via Amazon (love the notification when my subscription is about to run out) for their upscale crochet, high fashion garments, and items that look as at home on a runway as they do on your hook. If you love crocheting garments most of all, then this one is a must have! You can see all the projects in the Spring 2017 issue below!
- Simply Crochet - click here to subscribe: This UK magazine always catches my eye at my local JoAnn! Bright, happy, very modern, and with bonuses too - you can see the latest issue came with a whole extra magazine of Amigurumi! Its always exciting and fun peeking inside this one, which I think you can tell from the Table of Contents!
- I Like Crochet - click here to subscribe: I've been honored to have a few designs featured in I Like Crochet in the past, and I'm excited to say there are more to come (though that's all I'm allowed to say for now!). This magazine is currently online only, but each issue so far has featured 30 patterns, or close to it, which makes it an amazing deal! And since it's online, you know they've got patterns by many of your favorite blogging designers too! You can see just 6 of the June issue's patterns below (more at the subscription link)!
- Inside Crochet - click here to subscribe: This UK based magazine can be hard to find here in the states, but it's worth keeping an eye out for it! I've got a copy on it's way to me right now, because I was featured in issue 89! I haven't found a local source for it yet, but I've loved the peeks inside I've gotten so far, including the patterns below!
Do you have a favorite? One that isn’t on this list that you’d recommend? I'm sure I've missed some and I’d love to hear about it – please share in the comments!
Looking for more posts like this? Check out this list of my Top 10 Crochet Stitch Dictionaries!