Fun, fashionable, and a lot easier to make and wear than swants, leg warmers are a great layer on a chilly day! They've come a long way from their workout and ballet roots, and are now another fun fall and winter accessory. I've already done a roundup on leg warmers for kids and babies, but now it's the grown ups' turn! Here are 10 free leg warmer patterns to tempt your hook this season!
10 Free Crochet Leg Warmer Patterns
- Alicia Legwarmers by Leah Addis, on Ravelry: Totally customizable for any size, and super cute! The scallops and buttons really make this pair stand out.
- Extra Cozy Leg Warmers by Carrie Keplinger, on LC Pattern Shop: Extra cozy sounds just right to me! Made with bulky weight yarn and an N hook, these have a fantastic chunky look.
- Shells & Cords Leg Warmers by Chaann Créations, on Chaann Créations: Vertical stripes for the long and lean, post stitches for the warm!
- Cables of Love Legwarmers by BreeAnna Laub, on String With Style: This pattern is no longer available.
- Snowy Lane Leg Warmers by Lion Brand Yarn: SO FLUFFY! These are sure to get noticed! And possibly petted a bit.
- Funky Stripes Leg Warmers by Mary Jane Hall, on Crochet! Magazine: These look like so much fun to make - and wear! Great stashbuster too!
- Stirrup Leg Warmers by Lorna Watt, on Ravelry: Stirrups to keep them in place - and then go double duty in yoga class! These have a really interesting construction too - lots to keep you interested as you go!
- Retro Rockstar Legwarmers by Allison Isaac, on Ravelry: Another pattern with a great look - this time from the stitches, so only 2 ends to weave in each!
- Thigh High Leg Warmers by Erika and Monika Simmons, on Red Heart North America: No chilly knees with these! Sizes Small to 2X included!
- Candy Cane Leg Warmers by Olivia Kent, on Hopeful Honey: Graphic and cool! These make a great statement with bold stripes.
Are you a Leg Warmer wearer? I've seen a lot in stores and walking around our town - they seem to be right on trend! I hope you've found a free crochet pattern here to inspire you!