Recently I had someone ask me if I had any patterns for crochet toys for babies. While I do have some great items for older kids, I had to answer no… or at least not yet! But there are lots of patterns out there for gorgeous crochet baby toys – and here are 10 of my favorites!
PLEASE NOTE: When crafting for babies, please be sure to avoid the use of buttons or small parts that could cause choking if the baby puts it in her mouth! Ok, now on to the list!
10 Crochet Toys for Babies Patterns
- Chubby Teddy Rattle by Aisha Kenza, on Is it a toy: This is so so so cute, and I love all the safety instructions included – some great tips for all baby toys here!
- Amish Puzzle Ball Crochet Pattern by Dedri Uys, a Ravelry download: This is so pretty, and great for little hands.
- Monster Fleece Lovey Blankets by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: I’ve been in love with these since I first spotted them! Love the combo of fabric and crochet here. She’s got puppy and robot versionstoo!
- Blue Totoro Amigurumi by Lucy Ravenscar, a Ravelry download: I adore Totoro, and so do my children. This one looks very simple to make too!
- Amineko Crocheted Cat by Nekoyama, in web MITE: This pattern is for more intermediate crocheters, or those at least somewhat familiar with charts. Super cute though, and great for cuddling.
- Gigi Giraf by Marike van Loo, a Ravelry download: I don’t know what it is about giraffes, but so many kids I know are crazy for them! Just make sure to sew all those little pieces down extra tight!
- LOOP Baby Toy by Amy Herbst, on Herbst Handmade blog: Simple, perfect, modern. I love this so much!
- Rainbow Nesting Bowls by Kimberly YoungSeriously Daisies: For nesting, stacking, sorting, chewing… these are great, and so much nicer than the plastic version! Just hold off on the sorting balls til they’re a little bit older.
- Baby blanket by Brittmarie RosendahlBrittasami: I love that this combines any “head” you like with the granny square, and is just the right size for loving! And that they eyes are sewn on – perfect for little ones.
- Ideal Crochet Sphere by Emily Premise-Conclusion, a Ravelry download: Never underestimate the classics – like a toy ball! As long as it’s too big to choke on, babies love crocheted balls. My own kids had a few when they were little, and they were a big hit. Stick a plastic Easter egg with a few beans in the middle and you’ve got a soft rattle too.
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and Tumblr – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at Tamara[email protected]og.com.