Mother's Day is coming up fast (and the way time flies, that's true all year long)! So today I'm working with Lion Brand Yarn to bring you 10 Quick Crochet Gifts for Mother's Day - and best of all, they are all free!
10 Quick Crochet Gifts for Mother's Day Using Lion Brand Yarn
(click on the name of the pattern to go to the pattern page!)
- Manhattan Market Tote by Mama In A Stitch - Made with Lion Brand Heartland Thick & Quick and a size P crochet hook, it works up fast so she can enjoy the farmer's market in style!
- Logan House Free Modern Scarf by Make & Do Crew - Crocheted with LB Collection Superwash Merino, this pattern is quick and interesting with unique construction for the modern mom!
- Crochet Slippers with Flip Flop Soles by Make & Do Crew - Who knew that combining flip-flops with Lion Brand 24/7 would give such a brilliant result?! And mom's feet are always cold...
- Every Day Crossbody Bag by Moogly - I designed this bag using LB Collection Superwash Merino for a purse that's fast and simple to make, and both handy and stylish to carry on any of her adventures!
- Garden Lace Shawl by Moogly - This pattern just debuted last week, and it features LB Collection Cotton Bamboo and fields of crochet lace for a bright yet delicate result she's sure to want to show off!
- Crochet Heart Basket by All About Ami - This basket is super handy for the organized mom - or the wanna be organized mom - and fast in Lion Brand Hometown USA!
- Granny Squared Crochet Top by One Dog Woof: If you haven't crocheted a garment before, then this is a great intro - and she'll find that granny squares can look elegant in LB Collection Superwash Merino!
- C2C Sewing Machine Pillow by Sewrella - This quick home decor piece is perfect for sewing moms (like my own!) and super affordable to make in Lion Brand Vanna's Choice!
- Mother's Day Flower Pattern by Lion Brand - If you are pressed for time, this gorgeous flower can be whipped up with any leftover Lion Brand yarn in your stash for a beautiful gift topper or card accent (and then you get to order more yarn to re-fill your stash!).
- Bird's Nest Necklace Pendant by Moogly - Last year, using Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton and some beautiful beads, I designed possibly my fastest pattern ever - that can still pack a lot of meaning and love!
Have you crocheted a gift for your mother before? What was it? Please share in the comments, I'd love to hear about it! And to all the moms out there - Happy Mother's Day! ♥ And so you have it for next year, be sure to pin this image:
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr! And sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! This post was sponsored by Lion Brand Yarn.
I keep thinking that everytime I see a free pattern that I want to make from Moogly that it will have changed and I won't be frustrated again trying to print a print friendly pattern. NO SUCH LUCK. It never fails that what should take less than five minutes to print is a hassle and I give up. And that is what I am doing now. This is a terrible site and I won't be using it ever again. Thanks for nothing
Hi Nancy! I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble! I don't know why the Print Friendly button isn't working for you, it's not a problem I'm able to replicate. It's possible that you have a pop up blocker installed on your browser - those will prevent the Print Friendly app from doing its job. I don't own or operate the Print Friendly app, it's just a free service I'm able to link to, so if there's anything technical happening beyond that, it's beyond my own skill level I'm sad to say. However, there's also the Clean Print browser extension for Chrome, the PrintFriendly.com site (which mysteriously seems to work even when the button is on the fritz), and I also have made sure not to block the right-click copy and paste abilities - so when all else fails, you can always copy and paste it into a word processor document. If you do decide to try again, I hope one of those solutions works for you.
Nancy, I went back and looked at your post history, and it looks like you've been particularly frustrated when looking at free pattern collections. I think you may be trying to print patterns from the pages with lists, like this one? To get to the actual crochet pattern, you need to click on the name of the pattern you like in the list above, and that will take you to the pattern page. Once there, you can look for a Print Friendly button if one is provided on that site, or use one of the options I mentioned in my previous reply. You won't be able to print the patterns from this page though - this is just a list, or collection of patterns to choose from. I hope that helps!
Thanks for posting this! I've been struggling to think of a fun but personal gift for my mom (who will be travelling on Mother's Day) and this post has sealed the deal. Crochet slippers it is! 🙂
Yay, I'm so glad you found it helpful! Thank you Caitie!
Jess | MakeAndDoCrew.com
Thanks so much for including my patterns, Tamara! I love that little nest necklace you make. I could make about 1,200,278,900 of those with the yarn I have in my stash. 😉
Every time I go to look for a pattern I up here because of the collections you put together. I always find them so helpful. Thank you! Now just have to decide between a market or cross body purse.
Wow, thank you so much Karla! I really appreciate your saying so! ♥