'Tis the season to infuse your December with a dash of creativity and a sprinkle of cozy charm with crafty and crochet-themed advent calendars! Advent calendars have come a long way from the traditional chocolate-filled ones. Now, the world of crafts and crochet enthusiasts is buzzing with excitement as they unwrap the joy of a month-long crafting celebration. I've always wanted to put together one of my own for crocheters, but now there are tons of wonderful ones to choose from out there! So I thought it would be fun to create a collection of these for you all - browse, shop, craft, and get inspired!
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links.
The What and the Why
Picture this: each day leading up to the holidays, a new pocket reveals a tiny skein of yarn, a mini crochet pattern, or a crafting tool. It's the perfect blend of surprise and delight for those who find joy in the art of creation!
In recent years, the rise of niche-themed calendars has added a personalized touch to the countdown. Crafty and crochet-themed advent calendars take this concept to the next level, so you can unwrap daily doses of inspiration and happiness!
Below, you'll find a list of Crafty and Crochet Advent Calendars for 2024, but that's not all. Keep scrolling to find a list of Calendars you can crochet yourself and refill year after year with whatever you like!
Crafty and Crochet Advent Calendars to Buy for 2023
Some of these are pattern collections, and some are ones with little presents - be sure to read each listing carefully before purchasing!
- Mini Amigurumi Advent Ebook 24 Crochet Patterns for Christmas by 5LittleMonstersShop (crochet)
- MJ's Merry Advent Calendar Crochet Stockings & Mittens by MJsOffTheHookDesigns (crochet)
- Countdown Advent Calendar for Crocheters by seashellcrafter (crochet)
- Amigurumi Advent Calendar by 1dogwoof (crochet)
- Knitting Stitch Marker Advent Calendar by fireflynotes (knitting)
- Lucky Dip Yarn Advent Calendar - 12 or 24 Days of Christmas by Yarn by UniqueUK (all yarn crafts)
- Advent Calendar Wool Sock Yarn by Tschitschishop (all yarn crafts)
- 2023 ChemKnits Chanukah Sampler by ChemKnitsCreations (all yarn crafts)
- Cotton Yarn Advent Calendar by EcoYarnStudio (all yarn crafts)
- Stitch Markers Advent Calendar 2023 by KraftiaraMarkers (crochet and knitting)
- Jimmy Beans Wool Craftvent Calendar (crochet and knitting)
Crochet and Knit Advent Calendars to Make Yourself
Check out these patterns to create your own calendar to countdown with year after year! Starting now, you can create the magic that will last for years to come, filling it with whatever you like! Some are free, and some are paid patterns.
- Lily Modern Christmas Crochet Advent Calendar (crochet, free)
- Red Heart Santa Santa Advent Calendar (crochet, free)
- Nativity Advent Calendar by Nicole Riley (crochet, paid)
- Bernat Advent Mini Mittens (knit, free)
- Red Heart Christmas Tree Wall Hanging (crochet, free)
- Countdown "Paper" Chain by Moogly (crochet, free)
- Red Heart Advent Calendar Gift Pockets (knit, free)
- Advent Calendar Pillow by Nicole Riley (crochet, paid)
- Gnome Candy Ornaments by Moogly (crochet, free)
- Red Heart Bright Hats and Mittens Garland (knit, free)
Imagine the joy of unraveling a new yarn color each morning or discovering a unique crochet motif to add to your festive projects. These advent calendars elevate the holiday spirit, making each day a celebration of handmade goodness. So, whether you're a seasoned crafter or someone looking to explore the world of crochet, embrace the magic of a crafty advent calendar — where every unwrapped surprise is a stitch in the fabric of your holiday memories. Craft your countdown, one creative day at a time.
Are there any amazing crafty or crochet-themed advent calendars I've missed this year? If you've spotted one, leave a link below! Before you go, be sure to add this pin to your favorite seasonal crochet board - or send this link to someone who needs to know what you like! Thanks for sharing!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, and Instagram! And sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! Thank you to Yarnspirations for providing the materials for this post.