Plan ahead and you can save money on yarn online and in person – something we’re all interested in these days. Here, for your frugal pleasure, are the coupons and sales available this weekend, to help you save money on yarn (and hooks, and needles, and all your other hobbies)!
- Michaels - Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got a coupon for 40% off any one regularly priced item. Caron One Pound, Amazing, Red Heart Shimmer, Craft Smart Yarn, and several Loops and Threads yarns are on sale this week. Michaels has a mobile app with coupons as well, so be sure to download that if you can, and sign up for the email newsletter!
- Jo-Ann Fabrics – This week is Moonlight Madness, and several coupons for this week were in the last flyer that got mailed out. There are usually more flyers inside the front door of the store, so always check the basket on your way in. Via email I got coupons for 50% off any one item and free shipping with a $40 purchase with coupon code GNW292. Sales going on now include over 80 kinds of yarn - too many to list! On the website there are coupons for 50% off any regularly priced item and $2.95 flat rate shipping with no minimum. Be sure to sign up for the emails, their mailing list and get the app for even more deals.
- Hobby Lobby – I Love This Yarn, Coats Classic Crochet Thread, and Needle Art Kits. They have the usual printable coupon for 40% off any regularly priced item. There’s an iPhone app that includes the same 40% off coupon and ad info, and also has a feature that lets you check gift card balances. You can now get the same savings on your non-Apple smart phones by visiting m.hobbylobby.com and showing the cashier the coupon on your phone.
- Herrschners – Here’s the best current choice I know of for international shipping! Sales this week include Patons Canadiana, Lily Sugar 'n Cream Cones, Starbella, Bernat Sequin yarn, and a few others. Get on their email list for notifications of when they update their sales.
- ACMoore – Enter your zip code to get the coupons for the store closest to you. This week I got a coupon for 50% off one regularly priced item. Lion Brand Pound of Love, Patons Classic Wool and Shetland Chunky, and Lion Brand Hometown USA are all on sale, and all knitting and crocheting implements are 40% off.
And we got a couple of great tips last week from a reader!
To get another Jo-Ann coupon, go to joann.com, at the bottom of the page under Shop, click on Store locator. Enter your zip code (if it doesn’t already show your nearest store). When you get the results, click on “More Store Information” and a link to a coupon will pop up, it changes weekly, I believe. Right now it’s a 40% one item coupon good for in store or online.
Also, “Like” both Jo-Ann and Michaels on Facebook as they post coupon offers there, too. Jo-Ann posted a 50% off coupon a few days ago and Michaels posted a 20% off your entire purchase coupon today.
Fantastic tips! Where you like to shop for yarn online? What are your best tips and tricks to save money on yarn? Do you find these coupon roundups helpful? Please share in the comments!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, sneak peeks, and to order your own ooak moogly items – I’m taking commissions! Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, and now Tumblr – come join the fun!
Leave a Reply