Berets come and go on the style scene, but they'll always be a great option, and fun to crochet! Here are 10 free beret crochet patterns to inspire you!
A Traditional Style
Berets are traditionally soft, flat caps with a wide round top and a tight brim... a lot like slouch hats, but the shape comes from the diameter of the crown instead of the length worked evenly.
And beret crochet patterns seem particularly well suited to Spring - a little jaunty, a little lighthearted, still cozy but not so warm as a winter beanie. So as the sun starts shining and temps start rising, here are some freebies I think you'll love!
10 Free Beret Crochet Patterns
Click on the name of the patterns that you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Phannie by Phoebe Gaughan, on Berroco: This pattern is a perennial favorite! Perfect post stitches make this radiant beret pattern fun to crochet.
- Bridgette Beret by Red Heart Design Team, on Red Heart: The granny stitch in beret form!
Twizzler by Charlotte Yue, on Ravelry:This pattern is no longer available.
- Wave Stitch Beret by Patons, on Yarnspirations: So nautical!
Hip Hip Beret! by Ellen Gormley, on Ravelry:This pattern is no longer available.
- Spring Grass Beret by Quince Tart, on Yarn and Spices: Lovely in laceweight - perfect for warm days to come! You might want to bump up a hook size or so - this designer tells me she crochets very loosely.
- À Là Crème Newborn Beret by Brandi Reis, on Green House on Broadway: This one just for babies - and is too too cute! Precious!
- Inspired by Taylor by Kathy Lashley, on ELK Studio - Handcrafted Crochet Designs: This lovely crochet hat pattern popped up on Hookin On Hump Day a while back - so pretty!
- Marguerite Beret by Tammy Bailey, on Ravelry: I love the start stitch here - and how customizable this pattern is!
- Big Button Beret by Olivia Rainsford, on The Adventures of the Gingerbread Lady: Self-striping sock yarn makes this beret stand out from the crowd!
I can't believe I didn't find a single "Raspberry Beret"! But red is certainly a popular crochet beret pattern color! I hope you've enjoyed this roundup - and some Springtime sunshine!
Thanks for reading! Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr, and sign up for the Newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing!
Help...I've turned into a Moogly Addict! LOL!
Hope there's no cure.
Thank you for beiing so kind, this is wonderfull berets
Please forward 10 crochet Beret patterns to my email address.
Thank you kindly
Hi Mavis! I cannot send patterns by email - particularly ones I don't own, as that would be illegal! But if you click on the names of the patterns you like, you will go to their pattern pages so that you can print them off for your own personal use. 🙂
Do you have the pattern for the above beret (grey-blue one)? I cannot seem to locate this style in the 10 free patterns. Thank you. Shawn
Hi Shawn! I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that particular pattern. Perhaps using Reverse Image Search will help you find it? https://www.mooglyblog.com/how-to-find-a-pattern-with-only-a-picture/
Hi. The Twizzler pattern is no longer available. Does anyone have a copy of it. I'm willing to pay for it. Thank you.
Sorry to say, it looks like the designer took it down. Thank you for the heads up, I've updated the post.
Can you check the link for the Wave Stitch Beret? It didn't work for me (twice). Fortunately, when I Googled it, Yarnspirations still had it as PATONS WAVE STITCH BERET
Thanks for all the fun and great patterns!
I just updated the link! 🙂 The sites have changed URLs a few times since I wrote this roundup!
I'm sorry to see the Twizzler is no longer available. It looks like the Hip Hop Beret has also been taken offline.
Would it be inappropriate or rude for me to contact their designers, directly? I REALLY love the Twizzler!
Not at all! It's always sad when patterns just disappear! 🙂 Good luck!