Nearly a year ago I did a roundup of 10 free crochet patterns that you can make with 10 yards of yarn. And recently I got a request for even more ideas! Well you know I love requests, and who doesn’t love a tiny pattern to use up odds and ends? So here you have it: 10 more free crochet patterns that use 10 yards of yarn – or less!
10 Free Crochet Patterns Using 10 Yards of Yarn:
- Little Karla Girl by Vanja Grundmann, on Amigurumi BB’s Blog: How adorable are these tiny crochet dolls?! At only 7-8 cm high, they are a super cute way to use up your yarn!
- Crochet Chair Socks by Raindrops & Daisies, a Ravelry download: If your chairs scratch up your floor, or make an annoying scraping noise, or if your downstairs neighbors are trying to sleep… crochet chair socks might be the answer! Such a great solution!
- Little Snake by Justyna Kacprzak, on Cute and Kaboodle: It’s the Year of the Snake, and this little crochet snake is very friendly!
- Fortune Cookie and Chinese Blessing by Yarn Twins, on Yarnovations: Very fun, and the plum blossom cozy included with the pattern is lovely as well!
- Candle Light Covers by The New Crochet, on the new crochet: Dress up your tea light holders and add a pop of color to your decor! Crochet in decor right now is hot!
- Granny Square Christmas Bauble by Tuula Maaria, a Ravelry download: You have to look closely to see that this pretty ornament is really 4 little crochet granny squares! Make one of these up with leftovers from every project and you’ll be all set for the holidays!
- Star Flower Puffs by “e” Lee, on The Crochet Lounge: These quick and cheerful little crochet flowers take only 1-2 yards of yarn each! Connect them together as you make them and you could even make a scarf, or a truly amazing blanket!
- Family Ties Father’s Day Card (and necktie embellishment) by Kathryn S. Jor, on fuzzbot designs blog: Father’s Day is coming up, and this free crochet necktie pattern includes a printable card to attach it too! Easy and perfect way for a crocheter to show her love!
- Chapstick / Lip Balm Holder by Kristy Ashmore, a Ravelry download: There are lots of crochet lip balm cozy patterns, but this one features a great photo tutorial, fun details, and a flap to keep your balm secure!
- ID Wine Glass Coaster by Tibbi Scott, on Tibbi’s Space: I do love a glass of wine, and this makes it even more fun! Perfect for crochet night with friends!
So between this roundup and the last, you’ve got 20 great crochet options for using up those last few yards of yarn! Even 1 yard is enough for some of these, so dive in and whip up something in minutes! But first, tell me what you favorite thing is to crochet with 10 yards of yarn or less!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at [email protected]