Is there anything that crochet can't do? From dressing our furry friends, to dressing up our kids with animal inspired gear, to creating our own hyperallergenic versions, animals and crochet just go together - and sometimes it gets a little wild! Zebra prints are a perennial favorite in fashion and decor, undoubtedly because of their chic black and white stripes. In honor of the four legged and fashionable, here are 10 free zebra crochet patterns!
10 Free Zebra Crochet Patterns
- Zebra Newborn Blanket by Lorene Haythorn Eppolite, on Cre8tion Crochet: Start them out right with ethical vegan warmth!
- Zebra Newborn Hat by Lorene Haythorn Eppolite, on Cre8tion Crochet: Because you've got to have the matching set!
- Zillah Zebra by Janet McMahon, a Ravelry download: Such a sweet stuffie!
- Amigurumi Zebra Toy by Olena Huffmire, a Raverly download: A zebra with a different look, but still that same sense of style!
- Zebra Print Shoulder Bag by Maggie Petsch Chasalow, on Kreinik: Very chic! I love the look of this bag and the stripes.
- Zebra Slippers, on Jennifer Down Under: Hilarious! For the true zebra fan!
- Crochet Zebra Scarf by Carla Medda, on La Torre di Cotone: The original is in Italian, be sure to scroll to the bottom for English download instructions. I love how the nose pulls this together!
- Miniature Zebra (Africa Series) by Roswitha Mueller, a Ravelry download: Cute and sweet! Great for an animal themed mobile or on it's own!
- Crochet Zebra Hat by Sarah Zimmerman, on Repeat Crafter Me: Includes sizes newborn to adult! Sarah always makes great hats!
- Zebra Finger Puppet by Tamara Kelly, on Moogly: Yep, there's one zebra pattern here on Moogly - as well as a lion, monkey, and cave dude! Great for rainy afternoons!
Are you into the black and white zebra striped look? Or do you prefer your animal prints a little more colorful? Is there a zebra crochet pattern you love that I missed in this roundup? Share it in the comments! And if your pattern has been featured, be sure to grab a button from the left and do some bragging!
Be sure to check out and like the moogly Facebook page to get the latest updates, links, and sneak peeks. Moogly is also on Pinterest, Twitter, Tumblr, and Google+ – come join the fun! You can contact me via the Facebook page or at TamaraKelly@mooglyblog.com.