There are a few stitch pattern variations out there – and lots of free crochet patterns that use the waffle stitch! This orderly and tactile stitch is great no matter how you make it – so here are some of my favorite free crochet patterns that feature the waffle stitch!
Like many crochet stitches, the waffle stitch can be made in a few different ways – all great and valid. These patterns explore a few varieties – some easier than others! Do you have a favorite waffle stitch pattern? Share a link in the comments!
Some Delicious Waffle Links:
My 5 Favorite Free Waffle Stitch Crochet Patterns
- Scrubbing Waffle Crochet Dishcloth – The scrubby yarn and textured pattern are the perfect combo, and this one includes a video tutorial by The Crochet Crowd! Features Lily Sugar’n Cream Scrub Off!
- Waffle and Fringe Crochet Blanket – No matter what room you are crocheting for, this cozy crochet blanket is a perfect choice! Features Bernat Velvet Twist!
- Velvet Waffle Crochet Pillow – This super huggable pillow is great paired with the blanket for a wonderful set! Features Bernat Velvet Yarn!
- Waffle Stitch Dishcloth – This version features a smoother yarn – and a handy hanging loop! Features Peaches & Creme!
- Hygge Diamond Pillow – Tilt your head… do you see it? When I started looking up this stitch pattern, I found out that some crocheters call this diamond stitch a diamond waffle stitch! There are so many clever ways to get this texture! Features Red Heart Hygge Charm!
Mix It Up in a Stitch Sampler!
This Texture Sampler Blanket features the waffle stitch – and a bunch of other textured stitches too! This is a great inspiration for how to combine the waffle stitch with other stitch patterns!
Waffle… without the Waffle Stitch?
As mentioned before, there are a variety of ways to get the waffle stitch look – check out the Bricks Blanket! It looks familiar, but look at the pdf…
Before You Go…
Here’s a Pin for your favorite crafty Pinterest Board so you can save all of these for later! Thanks for sharing!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! And sign up for the free newsletter at the top of the page so you don’t miss a thing! Thank you to Yarnspirations for providing the materials for this post.