Crochet is one of the most versatile yarn crafts out there. It can be iconic and easily recognizable, and it can mimic other crafts too - like knitting! Here are a few of my favorite free crochet patterns that will have you asking... "Are you sure that's not knit?"
6 Free Crochet Patterns that Look Like Knit
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- Tied Tunic by Karen Hay, on Lion Brand, made with Lion Brand Homespun
- "Knit-Look" Chunky Headwarmer by Jennifer Pionk, on A Crocheted Simplicity, made with Lion Brand Hometown USA
- Earthy Crocheted Hat by Arabia Temple, on Lion Brand, made with Lion Brand Vanna's Choice
- Triple Luxe Cowl by Stephanie Jessica Lau, on All About Ami, made with Lion's Pride Woolspun
- Simple Shrug by Teresa Chorzepa, on Lion Brand, made with Lion Brand Unique
- Walking in the Sand Scarf by Marie Segares, on Underground Crafter, made with Lion Brand Scarfie
How do they get that knit look? It's all in the stitches! Working side to side, working in the 3rd loop, unique patterns, it is fun to get creative and see what crochet can do! So shout it like a Spartan - This. Is. Crochet!!
What's your favorite knit-look crochet pattern? Link it in the comments!
Get Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr, and sign up for the free Newsletter so you don’t miss a thing! This post was sponsored by Lion Brand Yarn.
Thank you so much! The projects are beautiful! All About Ami even mentions Moogly in the instructions!!! More Christmas presents. looks like everyone on my list is getting a handmade gift this year!!!
😀 You are so welcome Linda, I'm so glad you like them!
I love this shrug. I don't usually like them, but I love the way this one hangs. The colorway is gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so very much for these beautiful patterns.
We all are so fortunate to have these wonderful patterns available to us.
I have already bought Vannas Scarfie ...so you know where I have started.
😀 Thank you Joanne! I'm so glad you like the collection! And Scarfie is fantastic, one of my favorites!
Looks interesting. Live to crochet. I am fond of the hat patters. Thanks
😀 Thank you Rebecca, I'm glad you like them!
I'm looking forward to trying the cowl and the scarf. It's hard to find crochet patterns that resemble the flexibility of knit. Thanks for sharing these patterns!
🙂 I'm glad you like them, thank you!