Rain rain go away... until I make you in crochet! It's the rainy, wet, blechy season here - a necessary evil on the way to spring. In fact it's windy and raining as I write this! It's the May Flowers we want, but the April Showers we must endure first. Luckily there are rainbows, soft and fluffy clouds, and sweet little raindrops to keep our hooks happy! Here are 10 free crochet patterns inspired by the rain and clouds!
10 Free Rain and Cloud Crochet Patterns
Click on the names of the patterns you like to go to their pattern pages!
- One Round Cloud by Jennifer Dickerson, on Fiber Flux: This is the sweetest little applique! I used these on the Rainbow Happy Fun Pouch - who can be sad with these little guys?
- Happy Day Mobile by Amy Gaines, on Raverly: I love this! The perfect gift for the next shower you attend - or yourself!
- Rainbow Scarf With Clouds by Pam Gabriel, on Creative Compendium: It might still be chilly out, but this scarf will but a smile on your face despite it all!
- Water Drops by Asimina Saranti, on Ravelry: This pattern makes a great set of fun earrings (imagine them in something delicate and shiny -ooo!) and it's also a perfect applique! So fun!
- Cloudy Dishcloth by Lily / Sugar'n Cream, on Yarnspirations: Simple, meditative, and practical!
- Cloud Amigurumi by Maggie Vassie, on Maggie Makes Stuff: These crack me up! The faces are too funny!
- Big Grey Cloud Cowl by A la Sascha, on sascha-lovetoknit: This is so yummy and squishy looking! Makes getting through a cloudy day seem rather appealing!
- Fleecy Cloud Cocoon & Beanie Set for Newborn by Ira Rott, on Ravelry: This is just too cute! Oh my word. I can't even.
- Wendy the Water Drop by Smeddley, on Smeddley's World: Good for environmental awareness... and indoor bean bag tosses!
- Rainbow in the Clouds Pillow by Tamara Kelly, on Moogly: And lastly, my own contribution to the roundup! Bernat Baby Blanket makes this pillow as soft as can be... some might even say as soft as a cloud! Except it will actually support you... being made of yarn instead of vaporized water and refracted light... Ok, I'll stop now.
Thanks so much for reading! Hold on... better days are ahead! In the meantime, enjoy the sunny days as they come and enjoy the crochet time when it's cloudy! And don't forget to look for Moogly on your favorite social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest and Tumblr! And if you haven't already, sign up for the Newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!